Awards Development Executive
We're looking for a Awards Development Executive to join our team in London as part of our Awards function.
Your Role: You will work in consultation with the Senior Awards Product & Research Manager to develop and bring to life the long term strategy for all Awards Products. This includes the maintenance, development and project management of all festival Awards launch processes, Awards ‘tracks’, awards categories and future awards.
You will be focussed on superior project management and client facing research in order to contribute to LIONS ambitious future growth plans.
- Responsible for overseeing the awards product development and festival launch process for Cannes Lions, Eurobest, Spikes Asia and Dubai Lynx. Including developing new awards, refreshing and developing all category descriptions, category names, warning text, materials etc.
- Overseeing and running regular market testing and gathering customer feedback from relevant stakeholders – including round-tables, 1:1 calls, surveys and focus groups with C-level executives and key industry leaders. Leading meetings and communications with internal departments in regards to processes, tasks and timelines; ensuring systems and documentation is ready for festival launch dates.
- Responsible for the collection of insights on site across all of our festivals from presidents/jury members.
- Developing and identifying trends and themes alongside the Awards Product team that come out of the insights collected at each of our festivals which feed into internal and external reports.
- Responsible for building strategic relationships with key customers and stakeholders who will provide on-going insight that will define our future products.
- Developing unparalleled knowledge of industry developments and the evolving landscape.
- Responsible for taking research undertaken by the Product Development Team and presenting it back to the Awards Team/wider business in a coherent and clear format.
- Assisting on partnership projects from an Awards Product perspective when required.
- Previous proven experience in either business operations or admin support.
- Exceptional written communication skills with the ability to write clearly and coherently about creative work and trends.
- Experience processing large quantities of data, verifying information and updating document formats.
- Experience with CRM systems would be an advantage.
- Superior research skills – building a comprehensive picture of our customer needs.
- Ability to manage the development of multiple products – keeping the bigger picture and overall strategy front of mind.
- Eagled-eyed, pragmatic and detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills - ability to stick to deadlines.
- Able to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ideal: a thorough understanding of the wider branded communications landscape.
Who are we?
The LIONS brand is probably most synonymous with Cannes Lions, The International Festival of Creativity, the definitive meeting place for the global creative communications and advertising community. It’s five days of inspiration, aspiration, unlimited magic and potential. The Festival has been championing creative excellence since 1954 with the goal of providing a global destination and the definitive benchmark for creativity that drives progress.
LIONS is going through an exciting time as it’s recently repositioned as The Home of Creativity, supporting those in the business of creativity at every step of their journeys with an extended portfolio of new advisory, learning and intelligence services. Our purpose is to drive progress through creativity for an incredibly diverse and talented global creative community.
You will join a team of change makers. The team’s purpose is to champion change to create the most powerful global creative community and drive growth for the brand.
LIONS is an Ascential company. Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems. We help our customers to make smart decisions that improve performance now, and in the future.
With more than 2,500 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries. Ascential is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. In addition, our Early Talent programmes help grow and foster diverse new talent for our sectors.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year - with an option to buy/ sell upto 5 days
- Pension, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Flexible benefits platform with options including Private Medical, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness and the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Employee assistance programme, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering opportunities and charitable giving options
- Great learning and development opportunities.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say