Business Development Associate
We're looking for a Business Development Associate to join our team in Hong Kong as part of our Sales function. If you’re passionate about Consumer lifestyles (e.g. Fashion, Consumer Technology, Home Interiors, Beauty, F&D) this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative people and to develop the skills to launch your career while selling a market-leading product in the design industries.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for driving net customer growth. Generating new opportunities in the APAC region (ANZ, South East Asia, HK, TW). Activity level standard of min 12 customer meetings/week, qualification of self-generated opportunity as well as leads from marketing. This role will be part of a newly formed team of BDA based out of Hong Kong with a regional remit.
- Working closely within the BDA team to effectively qualify and identify new business opportunities for the sales team
- Be the ambassador of demonstrating the entire WGSN suite of solutions to new clients/prospects
- Key responsibilities include following up and converting inbound leads, own lead generation through social selling, discovery calls and working closely with the marketing team and sales team to develop strategies to recruit new business prospects
- Arranging & researching prior to meetings; and consistent networking within the industry
- Working closely with the APAC Account managers and Client Success Specialists to understand clients’ usage of the solution, best practices, customer success stories, drive referral business
- Reporting to Head of New Business, Asia (based in HK)
- Curious and able of consultative solution selling, understanding of the subscription business
- Scientific practice of selling, with an eagerness to learn and connect with clients and colleagues alike
- Experience within the information industry, retail, consumer products, branding agency would be an advantage
- Strategic thinking, clear communication and decision-making process
- A degree in any discipline is preferable
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 20 days Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?