Business Development Associate
We're looking for a strong Business Development Associate to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Sales function.
The Strategic Business Development Associate is responsible for mapping a book of growth and strategic accounts and finding consultancy and account development opportunities amongst key clients in EMEA.
The Strategic Business Development Associate identifies and maps business opportunities, builds key prospect relationships to support Key Account Managers and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The Strategic Business Development Associate will use a consultative sales and research style to support the overall EMEA Key Accounts development strategy to help achieve ambitious sales goals.
- Identify growth opportunities (Sub and Mindset) from the portfolio of existing Key Accounts or other relevant companies across EMEA - drive initial and support stages of the sale including; mapping of accounts and stakeholders, CRM database update and maintenance, company storyboard and X-check research, MQL follow up, nurture activities and arrange meetings with key stakeholders and KAMs
- Research clients, prospects or industry verticals to get an understanding of their business needs and how WGSN will address their objectives and deliver value
- Work alongside Key Account Managers to support the Account Growth Plans and preparation of nurture materials and personalised proposals
- Enable the Key Account Managers to maintain a high level of sales meetings activity and maximise f2f time with clients and pursuit accounts
- Proficiency in English. Other European languages such as French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian would be a plus
- Ideally +3 years of experience in pre-sales roles in an Outside Sales B2B capacity in the European market
- Proven ability to quickly gain entry to key pursuit accounts and articulate a proven value/ROI based proposition
- Understanding of how to communicate a service offering through emails, proposals, presentations, phone calls and customer success stories
- Excellent organization skills and sharp attention to detail
- Ability to manage Salesforce.com database, opportunity pipeline and lead cultivation, including holistic overview of all outstanding communications and prospect relationships
- Salesforce based CRM experience a plus.
- Good computer skills (basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?