Business Development Manager
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in London as part of our Sales function.
As a BDM on our marketing solutions team you will be responsible for retaining and growing our existing retention clients, identifying new commercial opportunities and delivering excellent customer service.
- Maintain, nurture and upsell current retention clients allocated to the BDM
- Build a new business pipeline and identify new opportunities
- Responsible for hitting personal target as well as helping the team to hit their overall target
- Project management on sponsorship solutions for clients
- Resolve client issues and proactively follow up with clients to ensure clients are satisfied
- Confident sales planning and forecasting skills
- Upkeep any outreach and proposal targets set and maintain high levels of servicing to all accounts
- Accurately record details and structure reports on client history and interactions in Salesforce
- Prepare and report client status information to designated parties on a weekly basis
- Conduct continuous market research and analysis on the dynamics of key accounts and retail markets which may affect these clients
- Previous experience in a client facing role
- Proven success in meeting renewal and new business growth targets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Must be extremely customer service oriented with a passion to exceed client expectations
- Must be detail oriented and organized; able to multitask and think quickly; a fast learner
- Must be self-motivated and energetic; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good computer skills (basic knowledge of G Suite products); knowledge of Salesforce
- Interest and/or experience in global Retail
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
RWRC helps businesses in the commerce sector win in the digital economy. We do this by explaining the impact of the latest developments transforming the sector, by benchmarking the digital performance of commerce companies, connecting like-minded people to build partnerships that unlock growth and inspiring people with new ideas that will drive their digital future.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, award-winning team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you the flexibility to do your best work.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?