Business Development Manager: EMEA
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in EMEA as part of our Sales function.
Our diverse and multicultural/multilingual team of Business Development Managers are inspired, accomplished professionals who have high standards of performance, who personally want to win and to be part of a winning team. Our mission is to become the highest performing sales team in the Ascential Plc Group. We aim to consistently exceed our targets and we are looking for the next sales superstar to join us.
WGSN is the world’s number one consumer trend authority, helping companies design and create products that meet the needs of their customers. We inspire innovation and help companies grow their revenues. Our business intelligence insights are accessed through annual subscriptions to the WGSN reports/platform, with an additional bespoke service via our consultancy department.
Here at WSGN we are seeking a proactive Business Development Manager to join us in our EMEA HQ office in London, Piccadilly Circus. This position is critical to the WGSN EMEA business development efforts and the markets that we serve - Retail, Consumer Electronics, FMCG, Hotel & Leisure, Fashion, Interior Design, Marketing, Consumer Trends, Luxury, Beauty and Sustainability.
At WGSN you’ll find a team of creative, inspired and results-focused people who are passionate about helping our customers succeed in their industry. If you are smart, driven and want to grow and learn in a commercial environment, we want to hear from you.
- Build a sales strategy plan and execute on the acquisition of key clients to hit annual sales target
- Lead all aspects of the sales process from prospecting to closing (360 sales)
- Develop new opportunities with businesses WGSN would like to approach for future subscriptions/sales
- Deliver live product demonstrations to clients via online meetings or in person
- Prepare presentations, develop quotes and proposals
- Negotiate by phone or face to face
- Proactively self-source new leads and develop a network of targeted prospects to build a pipeline through outbound prospecting
- Respond to inbound marketing leads quickly and effectively
- Deliver and exceed on your Personal Success Formula (KPIs)
- Hit and over achieve your monthly sales target
- Create and maintain up to date records on accounts/prospects using our CRM system Salesforce
- Forecast weekly sales and future pipeline
- Collaborate with content teams to keep up to date industry trends and developments
- A proven track record in sales as a proactive/outbound Business Development Manager
- Consistently hitting your monthly sales target
- A continuing desire to learn and grow to improve your sales skills
- A can-do and problem solving attitude necessary to thrive in our fast paced company
- Demonstrate advanced sales process, techniques and methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as exceptional presentation skills
- Good software skills (basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce
- A passion for, and knowledge of, the retail, technology, beauty, interior design and hospitality industries
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?