Business Development Manager for WARC China
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in Shanghai as part of our Sales function.
The Business Development Managers work out of our Shanghai office to focus on the Greater China market. As part of the regional sales team you will be responsible for selling annual subscriptions to WARC (www.warc.cn) and advisory services to brands, agencies and media owners.
- Build up a robust pipeline based on a targeted pursuit strategy with contact mapping and a clear plan and engagement strategy for each target
- To proactively reach out to new prospects for WARC initiating first contact and building a relationship and engagement around our proposition
- Follow up on any incoming leads – responding to their interest and building on this through contact by phone, email, WeChat, F2F or online meeting, resulting in a serious sales opportunity where you demonstrate the service and then on to closing the deal
- Where budgets allow to travel in-market to demonstrate and discuss how WARC can help deliver more effective marketing
- To probe and successfully identify the key marketing challenges of the prospect and help demonstrate a solution through services with WARC
- To come up with effective strategies for prioritising and segmenting your sales patch, based on existing and new leads
- Achieve a personal NB target & work and support and collaborate with other members of the sales team to help achieve the team target and in the initial training period to help set up meetings for the team
- Support the account development team with on ground support with clients and to successfully identify upsell opportunities
- Using our internal systems to record accurate details of activity and the engagement with clients and prospects
- Key performance indicators will include:
- No. of opportunities created
- No. of F2F meeting/demo/online meetings
- Number of outgoing activities
- Accurate pipeline management and monthly and quarterly forecast
- Conversion of opportunities into NB
- Hitting sales targets
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Experience of demonstrating a product/service online or in person
- Experience of presenting to groups of individuals face to face
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Ability to engage successfully in a consultative sales process to identify the prospect’s challenge and to position the right WARC service as the solution, whether that’s a subscription to WARC.CN, a workshop or a white paper
- Ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise strategies to ensure you hit your goals while collaborating with other team members to ensure that we hit the team target
- Experience of working with CRM databases (Salesforce) and G-Suite
- Drive and determination to hit targets
- Preferable sales experience in selling to marketers/agencies and/or an online information subscription service
- Understanding of the marketing/advertising industry and/or function
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?