Business Development Representative
We're looking for a Business Development Representative to join our team in London as part of our Sales function. The Business Development Representative (BDR) position is a team contributor role that works in concert with the Sales Representatives in a specified region and is responsible for generating new business opportunities. You will utilize various prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects, identifying the needs and challenges of the prospective customer, determine prospects interest in our suite of products and to set up discovery meetings for the Sales Representatives.
The ideal candidate is someone who is high energy, has a competitive edge, and possesses excellent phone and email skills. Your ability to quickly assess opportunities and track them in Salesforce.com will be critical for your success. You must also be able to quickly learn new technologies and communicate those concepts to prospects.
- Working closely and collaboratively with sales representatives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Employ multiple prospecting techniques to conduct high volume prospecting to qualify leads through cold calls, emails and social media
- Drive top-of-funnel lead generation for sales representatives and consistently achieve a monthly quota of qualified opportunities
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer and schedule discovery calls for sales reps to further assess a prospects potential for partnership
- Astute in overcoming objections and developing an understanding of the prospect challenges
- Update and manage all sales activities, opportunities and account information in Salesforce
- Excellent phone, writing, and listening skills
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow and excel within the organization
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Ability to ask probing questions and translating them into actionable items
- Knowledge of business processes and organizational structures
- Ideally 1-2 years of previous sales experience
- Proficient in Salesforce, Outreach and other prospecting tools
- Knowledge of the eCommerce space a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?