Business Development Representative
We're looking for a Business Development Representative (Retention) to join our team in North America as part of our Sales function.
This opportunity is ideal for an individual who is towards the beginning of their sales career, with 1-2 years of experience. We offer training and clear career progression for successful individuals. You will be focused on a variety of industries from across Fashion, Interiors, CPG, Tech, Beauty, Food and Drink, and Media & Entertainment. You will be interacting with Senior & Strategic Account Managers to grow enterprise size companies.
- A motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Someone who is passionate about the prospect of delivering creative intelligence to new clients and helping them transform their business
- A flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels
- Possess strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills across general computer programs
- Previous B2B sales experience, preferably telephone sales, preferred
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be a plus
- Knowledge of our core industries such as fashion, food and drink, beauty, interiors & tech
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities within our existing key accounts on who will benefit from our service and data products; developing and executing strategies for outbound prospecting via email, cold calling, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and any other means relevant
- Speaking with provided and self-sourced prospects to discuss potential needs and how WGSN would be beneficial to them
- Utilizing good discovery strategies to build out new opportunities for existing partnership’s
- Qualify leads & set up new meetings for the Account Management team so that they can demonstrate WGSN to its full potential and identify how this will be an essential tool for the customer’s business
- Ensuring that once meetings are booked, relevant research and information is translated to the account management team so that they are set up for success in their meetings
- Meet & exceed weekly and monthly qualified calls, meetings and opportunity goals (KPI’s) to ensure company revenue objectives are met
- Learn and maintain extensive knowledge of market/industry trends, developments, WGSN customers, competitors, and products; building expertise towards being able to tell the WGSN story while pitching WGSN value
- Working closely with the marketing team on lead generation and new business activities, including but not limited to events, email campaigns, social media
- Attending WGSN hosted events for marketing and other relevant networking events
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 day of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401k – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending accounts
- Vision benefits
- Summer Fridays - 09:00-1:00pm from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. In addition, our Early Talent programmes help grow and foster diverse new talent for our sectors.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say: