Business Intelligence Developer
We're looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our team in London as part of our Strategy function.
We are currently looking for an experienced Looker BI developer to innovate and deliver reporting and dashboards capabilities into the business, so they can take action to provide a better customer experience. We are in the process of designing and implementing a completely new suite of management information reports and dashboards throughout the business, to drive standardisation and consistency.
We have two positions available for this role. The permanent role will support Ascential Brands and the other is an FTC with a focus on delivering reporting into Lions.
- The BI Developer will work on requirements from the stakeholders and will be expected to turn those requirements into a robust report solutions using Looker, Salesforce reporting and occasionally Tableau
- In addition you will provide BAU support to existing report users, including the resolution of high priority incidents in a timely and safe manner, in line with best practice
- Advance experience in data visualisation, reporting using BI tools, preferably Looker
- Highly competent with data analysis using Google BigQuery and SQL Server
- Provide expertise in using and developing the reporting data structures
- Develop and maintain the reporting data structures and outputs
- Develop technical visualisation designs to enable efficient data delivery to be consumed by the business
- Develop and maintain data quality monitoring and reconciliation dashboards
- The BI Developer will be proactive, motivated, and able to manage their workload independently
- An excellent communicator - able to articulate technical issues to non-technical people, and discuss requirements and issues with customers
- Experience of investigating, root cause analysis and remediation of operational incidents with BI reports
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in using Looker and Salesforce reporting
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in using and querying Google BigQuery and SQL Server
- Skilled in developing Look ML
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We’ve been championing creativity since 1954. Today, we’re the world’s biggest festival for the creative and marketing communications, entertainment, design and tech industries.
Join us, and you’ll be joining an events company with a strong purpose – we believe in our product, and that creativity can save the world. We have a truly global outlook, allowing you to speak to some of the world’s most fast moving and exciting businesses
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?