We're looking for a Consultant Director to join our team in Los Angeles (New York or USA Homebased) as part of our Consultancy function.
The foundation of WGSN is our passionate experts. WGSN seeks talent globally to work within a business that offers a unique blend of specialist problem solvers, data analysts and innovative thinkers who put trends and data together to provide the answers to create tomorrow.
We are looking for a highly strategic, strong individual to provide regional management and senior client direction for our team in the US. Ensuring the highest quality of work across all Mindset projects, they should constantly be pushing industry boundaries and raising standards in their role as a Mindset brand ambassador and senior client lead.
Working collaboratively across the wider WGSN business, they should lead, manage and inspire, contributing to the development of the Mindset vision and revenue growth. They are responsible for growing senior client relationships, and overseeing project teams to deliver multiple, complex, strategic projects that exceed client expectations. They are a confident presenter and an excellent communicator who displays strategic leadership both to the teams they work with at Ascential and to clients.
- Lead and drive the growth of Global Mindset business throughout their region, ensuring the highest standards of research and analysis are delivered to all clients
- Working with senior sales leaders, to build existing client relationships and develop new clients opportunities, building commercial and strategic approaches to clients’ challenges
- Lead primary and secondary research projects & engagements, coaching high performance and best practice throughout all methodologies
- Take ownership and manage directly the largest and most senior client relationships, constantly identifying potential growth opportunities
- Drive innovation in approaches to client’s briefs and provide clear, robust planning and delivery processes to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability
- Provide expert level experience to clients and more junior colleagues in analysis, strategic recommendations and project direction
- Responsibility for establishing and maintaining the creative & strategic standards in line with global benchmarks
- Provide thought leadership and industry or category expertise on multiple in-depth topics, ensuring Mindset stays ahead of the most important shifts in business strategies and thinking
- Mentoring the Mindset team, sharing knowledge & experience, identifying knowledge gaps & developing the team capabilities
- In-depth category or industry experience of fashion, trends, retail, market or consumer intelligence
- Understanding and/or experience of incorporating quantitative analysis and insights into projects
- Excellent at all forms of collaboration & communication including presentation & writing skills
- Strategic mind set with excellent analytical skills and commercial understanding of growing £100k+ client relationships
- Proven track record of working within a global consultancy framework/ environment and leading the most senior client relationships
- Both creative & commercial, they should be used to delivering far reaching strategic projects across multiple platforms
- Familiar with general computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Good working knowledge of Adobe software keynote an advantage
- Highly collaborative & used to developing relationships at the most senior level, the Consultant Director is an excellent communicator, collaborator and inspirer
- Strategic mindset with excellent analytical skills
- This role will constantly strive for excellence and push themselves and the regional team to exceed client expectations and industry standards
- Curious, highly strategic thinker with gravitas that can lead and inspire a team
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?