Delivery Manager (App), Events Tech
We're looking for a Delivery Manager (Apps ) (12 Months Maternity cover) to join our team in London as part of our Technology function.
Your Role: You will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of our Events Apps. Working with the business-facing product managers and our external App Developer you will ensure the vendor builds the Apps to the agreed requirements and timeline.
This is a hands-on role where your remit is to work with the vendors and the internal development teams, supporting the teams and promoting cross-team collaboration to ensure the on-time delivery of high quality Apps for our Industry-leading events.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan, outlining tasks, timelines, dependencies, and milestones.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the company and the external vendor(s).
- Define and manage project scope, ensuring that changes are documented, reviewed, and approved using appropriate change control processes.
- Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimise their impact.
- Provide clear and concise project updates to stakeholders, including progress, issues, and risks
- Define and implement quality assurance processes to ensure the Events App meets established standards and user expectations.
- Coordinate resources, both internal and external, to ensure that project tasks are adequately staffed and completed on schedule.
- Collect and collate requirements for each of the Apps, working with the Product Managers to gather and record them.
- Working across the relevant cross-functional teams, ensure well-planned delivery of core BAU App deliveries + strategic improvements.
- Work within the teams and with the relevant internal stakeholders to ensure documentation and vendor tickets are written to an accepted standard before any development work begins.
- High level of cross-team collaboration and facilitation
- Attend all team stand ups, backlog refinements and retrospectives.
- Agile and Lean practices. You can lead on a range of Agile and Lean tools and techniques. You can provide coaching on these tools and techniques in and outside of your team.
- Communicating between the technical and non-technical. You can communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context, making complex and technical information simple and accessible for all.
- Life cycle perspective. You can understand the different phases of product delivery and can contribute to, plan or run them. You can maintain a product or process through the delivery phases.
- Maintaining delivery momentum. You can solve issues and unblock problems. You can lead a team and set the pace, ensuring teams are working towards delivery commitments.
- Making a process work. You can effectively focus on the outcome. You can challenge and improve disproportionate organisational processes where it impacts the pace of the team.
- Planning. You can take a consistent and ongoing approach to planning, forecasting, estimating, managing uncertainty, metrics and measurements, contingency planning and roadmapping.
- Team dynamics and collaboration. You can build successful delivery teams. You can maintain, influence and motivate a team.
If you don't meet every single requirement, we'd still encourage you to apply. At Ascential, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role we would still like you to apply.
Who are we?
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems. We help our customers to make smart decisions that improve performance now, and in the future.
With more than 3,00 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led groups and networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, Shalom Ascential and Latinx, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. We are proud to have been recognised as a best performer in the FTSE Women Leaders Review for six consecutive years, listed in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and ranked in the top 1500 companies on Sustainalytics.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year - with an option to buy/ sell upto 5 days
- Pension, Private Medical, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Flexible benefits platform with options including Dental Insurance, Critical Illness and the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Employee assistance programme, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering opportunities and charitable giving options
- Great learning and development opportunities.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say