We are looking for a motivated, meticulous, and analytical Director of FP&A to play a key role in the Finance dept. We are fast paced in a high-growth environment, and this senior position will work with the SVP of FP&A and the Finance team to enhance and build the Budgeting, Analysis and Reporting function of Flywheel. This role will be dedicated to helping Flywheel stakeholders make well informed decisions based on Company financial analysis and performance.
- Act as a thought leader and business partner as the key point of contact for financial forecasting, analysis and financial impact of business activities across Flywheel
- Oversee comprehensive financial planning process including the annual budget and 5-year plan
- Prepare and present standalone and consolidated financial plans for the prospective business activities for Flywheel Group and its entities
- Streamline/maintain cash flow budget and forecast
- Develop business and financial models as well as ad hoc analysis in collaboration with the key stakeholders within the business to provide actionable insights to manage, grow, and improve all aspects of the business.
- Lead the annual business planning process including reporting package of annual business plan for senior leadership within Flywheel as well as at Ascential plc
- Update forecast model on monthly basis to provide latest forecast for Flywheel
- Coordinate with your team the preparation of management reporting and analysis including monthly business reviews
- Support the SVP FP&A in preparation of senior management presentations
- Act as primary stakeholder for FP&A function for new system development including integrations to the system
- Evolve FP&A structure/processes and provide mentorship and training to junior team members
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- 10+ years progressive experience in finance, e-commerce and/or media industry
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or a quantitative field, MBA/CPA preferred but not required
- Strong skills in using excel and large data sets to drive business decision making
- Highly analytic and intuitive fast learner with an ability to understanding underlying data sets and turn them into insightful information and accurate forecasts.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and communicate effectively at an executive level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with personnel from all levels of staff and management, within and outside the company
- Agility to react to numerous ad-hoc requests which require the ability to change/shift priorities and effectively dealing with pressure in a calm manner
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills that contribute to energizing a team and builds strong internal and external relationships
- Proven leader who has demonstrated success in building and leading a team
Additional experience a definite plus:
- E-commerce marketing and/or media advertising
- BI tools and Anaplan system transformations
- SaaS and subscription business experience
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Flywheel Digital is a diverse collection of practitioners who have solved the most challenging problems for numerous Fortune 500 companies on Amazon. We love rolling up our sleeves to figure out the root cause of issues and implement structural fixes to get and keep our client's business on track. Our team of business managers, search managers, analysts, and software developers work together to provide industry-leading support to the best brands on Amazon. Flywheel are headquartered in Baltimore in the United States and have recently set up a European hub in London. In 2018 Flywheel was acquired by Ascential PLC.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?