Editor in Chief
We're looking for an Editor in Chief to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
The Editor in Chief will work closely with the Managing Director of Lions to develop and deliver a world-class editorial, content vision and strategy for the global Lions brand. The successful candidate will work across the full breadth of the Lions portfolio to bring a cohesive voice and editorial direction to Lions growing suite of products and services.
The Editor in Chief will generate creative, compelling and effective content for the Lions global audience across our physical events, membership and digital subscription platforms, and intelligence and advisory services. The content Lions produces ranges from specific, bespoke reports for our advisory clients to presentations which synthesise the learnings from the festival, in-depth reports that focus on the various elements of the branded communications landscape, and data-derived analysis of trends, themes and our own IP. Lions also curates and commissions thought leadership and keynote content across all our stages and festivals.
Candidates will have first rate strategic, editorial and leadership skills and at least 10+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of exceeding business expectations and leading high performing, specialist teams.
- Accountable for setting the editorial vision and strategy for Lions
- Responsible for delivering against, or exceeding, stretching KPIs and customer engagement targets
- Lead the editorial and content operation at Lions
- Responsible for commissioning and overseeing all aspects of producing channel relevant, compelling, creative and on-brand content that supports the vision for Lions
- Deliver a commerce strategy, balance a budget, work with revenue targets and be the face of the brand with internal teams including sales.
- Collaborate with commercial teams to identify and build new revenue opportunities
- Development of editorial and content strategy across all revenue streams and brand functions
- Ensuring consistent engagement across the product portfolio (within each stream and overall)
- Establishing an creative, inclusive, collaborative culture where high performance is recognised and inevitable
- Create and embed in-house style guides, brand TOV and editorial POV in line with Lions brand values and strategic goals. Ensure consistency in tone and style.
- Responsible for being completely immersed in the subject matter including a strong awareness of market shifts, future trends and customer and competitor activity
- Ownership and management of key global stakeholder and customer relationships
- Building exceptional internal stakeholder and business partner relationships
- Responsible for representing the brand externally and at industry functions and events
- 10+ years overall experience in a relevant industry
- Known industry leader who can represent themselves, the brand and Ascential in a credible way
- Exceptional writing and editorial ability. Journalistic experience highly desirable.
- Ability to identify and bring relevant stories to life, with flair, across multiple platforms
- Ability to interpret audience insights to inform editorial arc and deliver against Lions goals
- Deep knowledge of the relevant global markets, trends, customer and competitor activity - and a thorough understanding of the advertising and branded communications landscape
- First rate industry relationships and contacts
- First-rate global leadership ability and a proven track record in this field
- Passion for management, mentorship and nurturing and training of content talent
- Proven experience in creating a culture of collaboration, success and high performance
- Inspiring, motivating leader - ability to get people and teams behind you
- Strong business acumen - with a growth mindset
- Ability to switch from strategic planning to creative thinking mode with ease
- Adaptability - able to excel, consistently across different channels and business models
- Excellent communication skills - persuasive, confident and in control
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive in a matrix structure Plc
- Flexible - must be willing to travel globally throughout the year ● Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We’ve been championing creativity since 1954. Today, we’re the world’s biggest festival for the creative and marketing communications, entertainment, design and tech industries.
Join us, and you’ll be joining an events company with a strong purpose – we believe in our product, and that creativity can save the world. We have a truly global outlook, allowing you to speak to some of the world’s most fast moving and exciting businesses
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?