We're looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team in London as part of our Finance function.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Control, the Financial Accountant is a newly created exciting opportunity for an experienced financial accountant who will be responsible for ensuring there is an effective control environment and is accountable for financial reporting (both statutory and management), and business partnering with 4 budget holders.
The role collaborates actively with the BU FP&A team, and the Global Finance Shared Service Centre (GFSSC).
- Use management information to not only track progress against an aggressive 5 year plan but to identify new trends and opportunities
- Create and produce the key success KPI’s for your budget holders
- Support the budget holders in cost analysis and business case appraisals to support future commercial decisions
- Liaise closely with your budget holders to improve information available, make it more efficient, easier to produce and streamline reporting to ensure one version of the truth
- Produce accurate and timely monthly management accounting (including fixed assets, accruals, prepayments, accurate monthly flash reporting, monthly commentary and full year outlook)
- Maintain tight cost control for the cost functions which sit within WGSN head office accounts
- Control & reporting of staff capitalised costs
- Produce clear cost trackers each month with clearly visible fixed costs and discretionary costs.
- In the event of any cost mitigation plans, understand which cost lines can be immediately pulled in order to achieve a better EBITDA
- Detailed understanding and tracking of headcount, listed by employee with knowledge of all open roles and the operational impact of these
- Production of monthly KPI’s for your budget holders
- Monthly review of cost trackers with budget holders as required ensuring that they are accountable for their areas
- Produce accurate forecasting and budgeting as required (detailed workings bottom up for each department, posting to accounting systems and budget presentations and strategy)
Financial Accounting and Governance
- Maintain tight balance sheet control and provide assistance in any audits required
- Create monthly robust accounting processes for tracking costs and therefore support for monthly accruals
- Ensure costs pertaining to projects, M&A, investment cases etc are accurately identified, capitalised and depreciated in accordance with relevant accounting policies.
- Lead on the tracking, managing and reporting on costs related to transformation projects within the BU
- Review and analyse information from the general ledger to ensure accuracy and completeness, and initiate corrective action, as appropriate
- Assist with all full year and half year audit requirements for all entities and ensure that all records, appendices are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure Capital Expenditure is accounted for, tracked and recorded correctly with due records.
- Review and address any outstanding issues related to settlement of intercompany transactions
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CPA,CIMA) with up to-date knowledge of accounting standards with a strong understanding of finance process, risks and controls
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with continuous change and improvement
- Experience of maintaining tight cost control and introducing processes in order to achieve this
- Good communication skills, essential for daily, weekly and monthly liaison with budget holders
- Hands on and proactive
- Experience with S4Hana or familiarity with a SAP environment would be a definite advantage
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, and offer flexible benefit packages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?