Financial Data and System Analyst
We're looking for a Financial Data and System Analyst to join our team in Baltimore as part of our Finance function. Financial Data and System Analyst to administer existing financial systems and help build out next generation system within the e-commerce space. This role will also conduct and disseminate strategic data analysis from a broad range of data sources to improve financial operations and accuracy of revenue forecasting and billing. As a Financial Data and System Analyst, we look for you to manage the entire life-cycle of a project starting with building requirements, collecting and cleaning the data, performing the analysis, performing quality assurance on the final report, and finally, presenting results to both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be an inquisitive self-starter, have excellent attention to detail, be effective and comfortable with communicating technical matters across a broad range of partners. An ideal candidate will be willing to wade into complex and sometimes not clearly defined datasets and identify problem-solving strategies and have the ability to learn new technologies as needed.
- Maintain QuickBooks system parameters, control files, onboarding new users, etc.
- Maintain and assist in configuration, testing, and training of next generation financial systems
- Utilize R, SQL, or Python to innovate and solve complex problems to support forecasting and modelling efforts
- Data ETL (extract, transform, load) to build data warehouse from multiple data sources
- Work with DBA to organize permissions for views and tables
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends within data to predict outcomes based on business questions/problems and make recommendations to drive performance
- Communicate complex processes and present results in a clear manner
- Perform searches to generate standard and customized reports using statistical applications
- Data Visualization for compelling story using Tableau or similar tools
- Work with data providers to ensure data quality
- Create functions and stored procedures for common tasks
- Distribute information in a timely manner to personnel across the enterprise regarding identified trends and issues
- Queries to provide researchers with data extracts or to re-shape data for certain types of statistical analysis
- Respond to requests for information/reports or analysis
- Create process and end-user documentation
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver
- Bachelor’s in quantitative degree (Statistics, Operation Research, Systems Engineering, Decisions Sciences, Applied Math, Economics etc.)
- 1-5 years of analytical experience in statistical modelling and forecasting, operations research
- Experience working with multiple database platforms (Redshift, SQL, Access, Oracle, Hadoop, etc)
- Languages (one or multiple): SQL, R, Python, etc.
- Visualization (one or multiple): Shiny Dashboard, Tableau, Spotfire, Qlick, DB3/JS, LOOKR, Power BI
- Forward thinking and keeps abreast of BI and technologies; able to make recommendations for the path forward
- Experience reading logical and physical data models
- Experience performing data quality activities and documenting issues (data profiling, data mining, etc.)
- Experience creating and updating data dictionaries and business glossaries
- Experience analysing and documenting data flows and ETL architecture (for EDW and Master Data tables)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and able to take initiative without always being directed
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and prioritize the most critical tasks and projects
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Very Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Flywheel Digital is a diverse collection of practitioners who have solved the most challenging problems for numerous Fortune 500 companies on Amazon. We love rolling up our sleeves to figure out the root cause of issues and implement structural fixes to get and keep our client's business on track. Our team of business managers, search managers, analysts, and software developers work together to provide industry-leading support to the best brands on Amazon. Flywheel are headquartered in Baltimore in the United States and have recently set up a European hub in London. In 2018 Flywheel was acquired by Ascential PLC.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?