Head of Advisory
We're looking for a Head of Advisory - WARC to join our team in London as part of our Marketing function.
We are looking for a highly strategic individual to oversee WARC Advisory operations globally and deliver end- to- end client projects. After a successful 2.5 years since launch, the focus will be on ensuring continued growth momentum and building on the conviction in the value of WARC’s advisory offer.
The role will oversee a small but growing team across UK, US, Singapore and China with the expectation to be hands-on with execution for high calibre advertisers and agencies. With experience in proposal writing, client management, analysis and delivery- the ideal candidate will be responsible for coming up with creative solutions and ensuring end deliverables meet client outcomes across a range of marketing effectiveness topics. Projects will be rooted in WARC content expertise and include a range of delivery formats such as presentations, bespoke whitepapers or workshops- with an emphasis on outputs that deliver inspired learning and actionable recommendations.
Working collaboratively across the wider WARC business, they will lead the continued development of WARC Advisory and ensure revenue targets are achieved in 2022. Presentation & stakeholder management experience, both internally and externally will be essential. They should constantly be pushing industry boundaries in their role as a WARC Advisory brand ambassador and bring the strategic expertise to capitalise on Advisory's longer-term growth opportunities. This is a perfect role for someone with a driven mindset to experiment accompanied by all the benefits of being support provided by an established organisation.
Developing Advisory Proposals and Solutions
- Explore clients’ requirements, develop briefs and find innovative solutions to client challenges
- Work closely with commercial teams to help them spot new opportunities to be developed
- Responsibility for maintaining the strategic standards of WARC Advisory output, ensuring clients are given deliverables and solutions that build client relationships
- Ensure projects are being delivered on brief in a relevant, insightful and commercially successful manner
- Deliver confident and inspirational presentations, whitepapers and reports- ensuring WARC Advisory work is seen in the best possible light.
- Nurture client relationships to drive repeat revenue
- Build out our advisory proposition with clarity as the core WARC positioning evolves
- Share regular and accurate commercial forecasting updates with the WARC Exec team
- Manage, develop and drive revenue growth of WARC Advisory globally.
- Offer new ideas for revenue generation though client solutions (eg: new partnerships or consultants to work with that fit with both the clients’ needs and WARC’s offering)
- Identify the most effective ways of supporting the commercial teams via monthly review meeting with Sales Leaders identifying progress & improvements made, highlighting challenges and blockers to further success and future opportunities.
- Consider and implement ways to increase overall project values
- Manage a small global team of smart consultants working on a range of solutions across EMEA, US and APAC
- Ensure delivery across multiple global projects is co-ordinated across the team
- Manage working with freelancers and seek new opportunities in freelancer partnerships
- Support junior consultants to develop their skillsets
- Build strong relationships with Account management and content leaders, as well as senior management, that will contribute to the growth and development of WARC Advisory internally and externally.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Both creative & commercial, they should be used to delivering far reaching strategic projects across industries and categories.
- Can do attitude
- Creative thinker
- Strategic mind set with excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of how to develop high value, commercial proposals and projects
- Proven track record of working to deliver multiple concurrent projects successfully
- Stand out client management
- Experience of marketing and communications landscape
- Excellent at all forms of collaboration & communication including presentation & writing skills and experienced with PowerPoint
- Highly collaborative & used to developing relationships
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, and offer flexible benefit packages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?