Head of Content Analytics
We're looking for a Head of Data Analytics to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
The Head of Data Analytics is to manage the Data analysis team within our fast-growing Data Science function. The team is responsible for leveraging WGSN's proprietary data sources for the production of data-driven reports, enhance/support the work of the trend forecasting team, collaborate in consultancy projects, as well as help increase the overall data capabilities of the company.
The manager is responsible for leading the team of analysts to ensure the delivery of high-quality market intelligence and trend forecasting insights that add value to global companies’ decision making, as well as deriving insights and recommendations to provide strategic input to the VP of Data Science in order to drive improved company performance.
A successful candidate effectively manages, delegates and coaches the analysis team; is a problem solver, comfortable working with big data from multiple sources, and is enthusiastic about collaborating with other teams across the business to deliver results.
You should have a drive to challenge the status quo, and continually re-evaluate and make adjustments to required expertise and focus areas to encourage innovation based on the needs of the organisation and developments in the analytics industry. You also have strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and succeed working with business stakeholders to prioritise and improve the team's quality of work.
- Lead and line manage a team of data analysts, contributing to their personal development, and continue to build a data team with strong cultural values on self-directed learning, listening & empathy
- Utilise project management tools and methodologies to agilely deliver projects to a high standard and on time, ensuring the cross-functional teams involved are aligned
- Ability to also work as an individual contributor and be hands-on
- Support WGSN content teams with high-quality insights across all departments: Fashion, Beauty, Food & Drink, Lifestyle & Interiors, Consumer Tech, and Insight:
- Ensure report deadlines and targets are met, while ensuring the team has time and space to explore and innovate
- Partner with all department leads to identify and integrate new data sources, work effectively with data ambassadors on their teams, and execute the data acceleration strategy by integrating more data into future content
- Assist with creating and executing organizational data and analytic trainings to elevate organizational analytic awareness and capability
- Proactively investigate new ways to add business value and support the evolution of our data capabilities by finding efficiencies and innovative ways to extract knowledge from our data
- Define and uphold standards and processes for analysis & reporting
- Ensure new data sources are appropriately tested and put to use with integrity, and drive value to the company
- Facilitate operational efficiency and simplicity of data sources with the objective of maintaining data integrity and uncover insights that value to our clients' decision making
- Partner with internal data stakeholders to prioritize enhancements to the underlying data and escalate any identified data issues that need to be resolved
- Manage team’s utilization of internal data warehouse and analytic tools while partnering with tech team on any tool enhancements and changes
- Ideally at least 5 of experience in data-related roles, including senior analyst or data manager
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with a significant quantitative component (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science, physics, economics)
- A good understanding of data science and machine learning
- Experience line managing and developing analysts
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market, with the ability to distinguish between what is important and what is not, making the complex simple
- Strong communication and organisational skills with ability to tackle work within a global team
- Curious, flexible and a strategic thinker with gravitas that can inspire their clients, peers and more junior colleagues
- Experience working as an analyst using business intelligence tools including SQL (Snowflake, or similar), Tableau (or similar). Knowledge of Python or R will be a plus.
- Experience in Fashion, Beauty, Food & Drink, Lifestyle & Interiors, and/or Consumer Tech industries a plus
- Analytic Experience in:
- Statistical modelling / forecasting (AB Testing, DOE, Regression, etc.)
- Forecasting (ARIMA, ETS, etc.)
- Data mining (Bayes, CART, Random Forest, SVM, Neural Nets, Clustering, etc.)
- Operations Research (Simulation, Linear / Dynamic Programming, etc.)
- Technical Experience with:
- Databases (one or multiple): Snowflake, Big Query
- Languages (one or multiple): SQL, Python, R
- Analytic software (one or multiple): Jupyter, Zeppelin, Qubole, Alteryx, KNIME, RapidMiner, Orange, etc.
- Visualization (one or multiple): Tableau, Looker
- Familiar with general computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and/or Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Gmail
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?