HR Business Partner, EMEA (FTC Mat Cover)
We're looking for a HR Business Partner, EMEA (FTC Mat Cover 1 Year) to join our team in London (open to candidates based in UK flexible and remote working) as part of our Human Resources function.
The HR Business Partner, EMEA is an essential member of the HR team and a critical role to our Product Design business in EMEA. This role will work closely with business leaders, line managers and the Global HR team to plan, organise and develop the talent and processes that will deliver our ambitious business objectives. The HRBP will act as the point of people expertise and will be the local HR Generalist expert to implement and embed consistent approaches and initiative, working closely with the centres of excellence teams including Special Projects, Learning & Development, Reward and People Services, to ensure efficiencies as well as excellence in delivery.
In this role, you will need to quickly adapt to surroundings through active listening and knowledge of human resources best practices. You will assist in helping drive our people function objectives, performance metrics and activities to align both business and financial goals with best practice. The position will report to the VP of HR.
- Be a reliable and trusted partner to employees & managers ensuring that HR is always at the heart of the business and is focused on creating a high-performance culture
- Develop leadership and management capability and effectiveness by coaching, guiding and influencing leaders on day-to-day people management and employee engagement issues
- Partner with managers on employee relations, talent management, organisational design, succession planning, talent development, retention assessments and talent reviews
- Build deep insights of the business unit’s design, talent, goals, values, processes and culture and drive the execution of the people strategy and innovative HR approaches that effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of talent
- Partner with HR Centres of Excellence and the HR Services team to support the design, development and implementation of key HR initiatives and programs across the region by leveraging expertise of the business unit to ensure adaptation of programmes across your business groups and support the process of turning broad HR ideas into actionable findings and recommendations
- Excellent execution of standard processes including annual salary reviews, calibration, salary benchmarking, succession planning and talent management
- Use key HR business systems, metrics and analytics to identify potential blind spots for the business and areas for improvement and support the creation and execution of improvement actions
- Be a champion for inclusion and diversity within the organisation supporting and/or creating initiatives to advance representation, inclusion and equity issues across the business unit
- Manage own projects and engagement progress with limited supervision
- Previous experience in business partnering across EMEA and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of HR practices, policies, and legal compliance issues across the region
- Proven experience in creating, implementing, and executing human resource programs
- Strong communication skills including active listening, written and oral communication, comprehension and expression skills with the ability to articulate organisational and local human resources best practice, policies and procedures at all levels within an organisation
- Comfortable and confident handling human resource questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Ability to independently, handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, while successfully balancing the achievement of short-term objectives with longer-term strategic organisational goals
- A continuous improvement mindset. Use key HR business systems, metrics and workforce analytics to identify areas of needed improvement and support the creation and execution of improvement actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand an organisation’s operations and functions and the ability to understand and navigate the context and complexity of a global, matrixed corporate environment
- Cultural awareness - Understand the culture difference among countries and be able to make fair judgement and have the practical solution in place to address problems
- Logical thinker, able to identify and articulate challenges and formulate practical solutions and able to use best judgement to help the business make sound people decisions
- Collaborator who takes pride in sharing knowledge; enjoys teaching as well as learning
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, and offer flexible benefit packages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?