IT Director - China
This role will be accountable for helping to define the strategy for IT Services to all Ascential employees in China with some occasional support to our other entities in the APAC Region. Working as part of the China strategic management team, you will enable the growth of our Digital Commerce business in China and in line with the vision of our Managing Director for the region.
The role includes management responsibility for the Service Desk staff in China plus you will need to have come from a technical background and have hands-on experience, working with local stakeholders and the wider global teams to implement the appropriate solutions for the region supported by the Ascential global Technology team. The strategy that you help define will be underpinned by the Service Teams in the region and will require you to work closely with our Cyber Security team at all times.
The primary focus will be the Workplace Technologies in China and ensuring we are providing gold standard services to our Digital Commerce business.
This will include:
- Office Networking (LAN & WAN)
- Cloud Governance
- End User Devices and Collaboration
- Office Infrastructure
- Delivery of other Global Ascential services into this region
The role will have budget responsibility, so you will need to help select and manage local Vendors and Partners to provide the right level of service.
- Being the Technology stakeholder for the China Management team, inputting into the Wider Ascential Global strategy
- Providing hands on experience with Network Service Delivery and Cloud governance/strategy (supported by the Wider global teams)
- Where required working with the local business to identify local tools that align to in country operational needs and managing these local relationships
- Overall accountability for managing the Service resources in the APAC region
- Supporting services across 6 locations working with a team of 6 people
- Ensuring Ascential remains compliant with local regulations around data and software and working with the Global Security team to implement Global policies, tools and controls
- Ensuring Ascential IT Standards are adopted and adhered to
- Budgetary responsibility for APAC services (Purchasing, Forecasting, Estimate)
- Supporting any acquisition or divestment in the region, defining the onboarding/divestment program
- Support the delivery of Group led programs including software rollouts for other central functions
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering services in China across all general technology elements (workplace, networks, datacentres, cloud)
- Excellent service delivery skills
- Excellent stakeholder management as you will be working with senior members of our business on IT strategy
- Technical skills (and where possible hands on experience) of:
- End User Device Support (Windows, MacOS)
- Collaboration Tools such as Feishu, Google, Slack, Office365
- Cisco/Meraki Networking
- Good overview of security tooling
- Knowledge of Cloud (Ali, AWS)
- Experience of working with Chinese ISPs/Telecoms
- Excellent knowledge of the Chinese Technology sector
- Vendor management and commercial experience
- Budget planning (inc Forecasting)
- Experience of contributing to or owning an IT Strategy in the APAC region
- Ability to communicate effectively in both local language and English as well as experience of working for a Global company
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to opt into Ascential Shares scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?