We're looking for a Pre-sales Consultant to join our team in London as part of our Sales function.
This role is geared around supporting the Edge by Ascential revenue team in driving up deal conversion rates and AOVs through product advocacy and solution building. Specifically, the role will be targeted at the small/medium size clients, with a focus on helping win and then grow them. The role will span all of the Edge subscription products (Market Share, Digital Shelf, Retail Insight) with potential to support the other Ascential Digital Commerce products (e.g. Intellibrand, Yimian, X Target). The role will report into the Edge by Ascential Global Pre-sales Director.
- Engage with Sales within the pre-sales cycle on small / medium sized qualified opportunities to:
- Assist in meeting preparation from a solution perspective, e.g. providing tailored presentation decks where appropriate based on briefing
- Conduct in-depth product demonstrations of Edge by Ascential products/services
- Be consulted during customer evaluation and selection process, including solution discovery, solution overview, and technical deep-dive
- Provide thought leadership through discussion with customers in meetings, online and at events
- Assist in preparation of RFP / RFQ / RFIs
- Assist with free trials / PoCs by creating success criteria, then tracking against them and helping to achieve them
- Provide feedback for improvement regarding product functionality, new product GTM planning, training offerings, sales collateral, demo content and messaging
- Provide new starter and continuous product training and support for the sales team
- Support with building customer stories to improve sales collateral
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- Experience in sales and the technology field; ecommerce experience preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership and team working skills
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?