Press Relations & Social Media Specialist
We're looking for a strong Press Relations & Social Media Specialist (FTC) to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Marketing function.
The Press Relations & Social Media Specialist is responsible for the successful delivery of programmes to drive value, engagement and demand for WGSN's products and services, working in partnership with the Content & Brand Marketing Manager. In addition to working across the WGSN Marketing, Design, Content and Sales teams, the individual in this role will need to work closely with the Ascential Design Studio, Marketing Automation and Brand teams to ensure activities are coordinated and aligned to core commercial goals.
- Working with the Food & Drink Content team on sourcing, curating and writing regular press pitches for targeted media outlets
- Creating and managing a PR calendar of content, events, projects and announcements and global media grid outlining targets, story angles, approaches
- Raising the profile of senior leaders through thought leadership pieces and speaking engagements at key industry events
- Managing the WGSN press office for Food & Drink, including all incoming press requests and active media pitching and arrangement of interviews
- Maintaining WGSN press materials including press kit, public website, images and press releases, coordinating with internal teams
- Managing WGSN's social media calendar
- Supporting organic social media initiatives to drive key content stories through expert copywriting, image sourcing, tracking and posting
- Community monitoring on social channels
- Reporting on PR and social media performance in partnership with the Marketing Automation team
- Proven experience in press relations, proactively leading on the creation of pitches that engage the media and generate interest. PR experience in a B2B environment is a plus
- Exceptional copywriting skills with experience in crunching big chunks of copy into short- and long-form shareable content
- A creative storyteller who brings creative, original ideas to generate content that people want to engage with and talk to others about
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Passionate and curious about all aspects of the business – especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand – and have an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- The ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple initiatives
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the food and drink industry is a plus
- Experience with social media channels in a business environment (especially Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook) is a plus
- Degree in Communications/Marketing/Media/Arts-related field or equivalent on the job experience
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?