We're looking for a Product Designer to join our team in London as part of our Product function.
Your Team: You will join our dynamic, close-knit team of three designers, dedicated to working on a diverse range of event brands, and driving the company's innovative venture into subscription sites. We are eager to welcome a passionate new team member who will play a role in our events division and designer by expanding the design system that powers our event sites and elevating the overall user experience.
Your Role: As an experienced designer, with demonstrable experience in design systems you will join our small, but growing team. You’ll be helping raise the digital bar across our brands (Cannes Lions,Money 20/20, and more), working alongside an existing designer, and as part of a wider design team. Day to day you’ll be working in an agile environment, across various projects, contributing to and improving our multi-brand design-system, and more widely, the overall digital experience.
- Help shape the future of our digital experiences, for a global audience of users, across our world-class event brands, including Cannes Lions and Money20/20
- Your primary responsibility will be to take project requirements and identify solutions, either through the utilisation of existing components or the creation of new ones.
- As part of this you will work closely with engineers to guide the development of UI and support designers in other product teams in adopting and improving the system.
- You’ll approach problems holistically, ensuring your designs work at an individual product level and as part of a unified system.
- Our work environment thrives on a culture of collaboration, support, and creativity. We actively encourage team members across the company to exchange knowledge and experiences, fostering a dynamic community that promotes continuous learning and growth.
- Strong background in Product, focused on Design Systems, and passionate about UI
- Experience required in building products, either in-house or agency
- Hands on understanding and experience of UI and UX
- Able to encourage, support and guide designers and junior designers.
- Deep understanding of best practices, and responsive design.
- Able to work in tandem with engineers, understand tech constraints and opportunities.
- Balance stakeholders' & users' needs.
- Talk about, and share your work, with passion and thoughtfulness.
- A master in Figma, and experienced with the usual design tools.
If you don't meet every single requirement, we'd still encourage you to apply. At Ascential, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role we would still like you to apply.
Who are we?
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems. We help our customers to make smart decisions that improve performance now, and in the future.
With more than 3,00 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led groups and networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, Shalom Ascential and Latinx, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. We are proud to have been recognised as a best performer in the FTSE Women Leaders Review for six consecutive years, listed in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and ranked in the top 1500 companies on Sustainalytics.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year - with an option to buy/ sell upto 5 days
- Pension, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Flexible benefits platform with options including Private Medical, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness and the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Employee assistance programme, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering opportunities and charitable giving options
- Great learning and development opportunities.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say