Ascential is seeking a Product Director to help manage their next generation of digital products within WARC. This is a highly visible and challenging role, and will be a key driver towards building a customer centric and ‘digital first’ approach - it is a great opportunity to make a significant creative impact.
This person will be expected to drive strategy and implementation within the brand portfolio of digital product roadmap and services. We are looking for a pragmatic and strong leader who will bring previous experience of a successful delivery of a large-scale digital transformation inside of a business where digital had not previously been at the operational core.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, customer-focused leader with a growth mindset, who balances product intuition, creative problem solving and data-driven decision making. A sound understanding of the Marketing industry and the ability to understand the perspective of key industry players, and developing leading products that deliver recurring digital and membership revenues is vital.
- Drive Product vision, strategy, and roadmap - product lifecycle management from concept to go to market launch of the product(s) across all products / product lines
- Partner with the executive team to clearly communicate a defined product portfolio vision and strategy in a high-growth environment, and enroll the entire business unit in delivering it
- Align product, design, and engineering teams to improve cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Work with Commercial leads to define pricing and competitive positioning for each product
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on go to market strategies for each product or product lines
- Collaborate with Data Science colleagues, to ensure data and analytics are at the heart of the customer offering
- Set and deliver against data led Product Success targets for the product suite, ensuring instrumentation and analytics are in place to support
- Drive continuous improvement & flexibility in the team, while championing product management best practices
Delivering with Integrity
This is as much a hands-on project-based delivery role as it is a longer term and strategic function and they will be expected to work closely with a diverse set of internal stakeholders including C Suite, Sales, Engineering, Operations experts and the wider Delivery & Change team.
- Expertise in building a data-driven approach and discipline to product strategy, prioritization, and development
- Build and maintain working relationships with business leaders, team members, vendors, and other departments involved in multiple projects
- Work closely with the design and engineering teams in conducting user research, validating product requirements, defining workflows, product architecture and UX design
- Work with the Delivery & Change Lead to manage the product, programme, and business analyst teams both in technical and personal aspects
- Identify risks and issues and develop mitigating strategies for stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
- Work with technology leadership to ensure project staffing and resource planning
- Set up and run Product Management governance, including ownership of the Marketing Business Unit Product Board, to review the overall roadmap and key escalation points.
- Deliver within a matrix of multidisciplinary and global teams and mindful that delivery will be with varying cultures and differing delivery models e.g. onshore, offshore, newshore etc.
- 5+ years’ experience of product management with web and mobile technologies
- Strong management skills previously leading product teams for at least 5+ years
- Proven track record of success in developing B2B & B2C products with high quality user experience
- Agile / Scrum Master Qualifications beneficial but not essential
- Extensive experience in planning development roadmaps which correlate business needs
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; interacting with senior stakeholders and leading / developing teams; with a customer led viewpoint
- The right candidate has the ability to uncover customer needs, translate those needs into a set of product features and gain alignment on the delivery with the Engineering organization, whilst being able to align to overall business and customer needs
- A solid understanding of engineering and technical depth to build trust with engineering leadership
- Previous experience of working within a culture where digital has not historically been at the centre of the operation
- Ability to translate technical terminology to business stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple projects and apply structure, rigour and priorities whilst managing diverse teams
- Problem solving ability – able to think laterally and to use own initiative to devise new and more effective ways of working or dealing quickly and appropriately with a specific customer or team issue
- Involvement and passion for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives and supporting organisations to drive meaningful and equitable outcomes
- Be approachable and personable.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Commercial and benefits focus and mindset - ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
- Ability to work across cross functional teams.
- Be fluent in communicating with senior stakeholders and influencing discussions and decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with good analytical capability
- Self-driven, resilient and resourceful.
- Work well under pressure and ambiguity
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, and offer flexible benefit packages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?