Sales Compensation Manager
We're looking for a Sales Compensation Manager to join our team in New York or Boston, USA as part of our Sales function.
In the role of Manager of Sales Compensation, you will be leading our efforts to standardize, scale and improve our go to market compensation methodology. This role will be our first dedicated compensation hire and will be charged with building the infrastructure on which we can leverage compensation and a strategic lever as we grow. This person has a critical mix of being deeply analytical, having strong project management skills.
As the Sales Compensation Manager you will work closely with the Sales leaders, Finance & HR. You will assist in development of compensation and incentive plans for Edge by Ascential while ensuring alignment with best practices. You will work in partnership with Finance to manage ongoing administration of sales compensation pay-outs for Edge by Ascential in close collaboration with the business partners to ensure accurate pay-outs. You will track compensation plan results and analyze sales compensation plan effectiveness in achieving business goals/ strategy for assigned business units.
- Assist in design and optimization of the team compensation plans - this happens each year and also when new hires start
- Manage ongoing compensation adjustments for the team.
- Assist in modeling compensation plans by capturing current and projected revenue, allocating quotas, modeling commission rates and summarizing pay-out results
- Develop/ update compensation plan summary documents and produce plan documentation
- Administer sales compensation plans in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely performance calculations and sales compensation pay-outs
- Actively contribute to the ideas for enhancement of existing sales compensation processes, systems, reporting and best practices and help implement such agreed-upon ideas in the assigned business unit(s)
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- 3+ years of experience with execution and development of compensation & incentive programs; sales compensation experience preferred
- Expertise with Excel and proficiency with CRM (like Salesforce) preferred.
- Saas industry experience preferred.
- Focus on customer service and working effectively across functions (Sales, Finance, HR) and organization levels (executives, peers, individual contributors).
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and skills.
- Solid working knowledge of math and statistics.
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Must be self-driven and able to work autonomously.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why