Salesforce System Administrator
We are looking to hire a Salesforce Systems Administrator to join our Technology team in London.
Working at WGSN
Together, we create tomorrow
A career with WGSN is fast-paced, exciting and full of opportunities to grow and develop. We're a team of consumer and design trend forecasters, content creators, designers, data analysts, advisory consultants and much more, united by a common goal: to create tomorrow.
WGSN's trusted consumer and design forecasts power outstanding product design, enabling our customers to create a better future. Our services cover consumer insights, beauty, consumer tech, fashion, interiors, lifestyle, food and drink forecasting, data analytics and expert advisory. If you are an expert in your field, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a seasoned & Certified Salesforce System Administrator with demonstrable operational Salesforce experience. You’ll be Salesforce certified working alongside & supporting our Sales, Sales Enablement, Marketo, Marketing & Finance systems teams. You will focus on optimising Ascential’s use of Salesforce to drive growth and be responsible for identifying, triaging and fixing issues.
Reporting to the Business Systems Director, you’ll be the subject matter expert for our WGSN Commercial teams ensuring we run, maintain and innovate our Salesforce platform. This will involve triaging & resolving issues and liaising with the wider CRM support team, Finance Systems Team & Marketo Team, to bring a deep understanding of how Salesforce, Finance & Marketing automation systems integrate with innovation at the forefront.
In addition to defect management and general systems maintenance, you’ll be working on a variety of activities including enabling new Salesforce capabilities, third party integrations & data investigations. As well as having deep technical knowledge, you will need to prioritise effectively and be capable of forging trusted relationships with our internal stakeholders and third parties. You will be naturally curious and keen to expand your systems knowledge, remaining apprised of new Salesforce features or use cases.
- Set up of users, manage roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups
- General maintenance of the Salesforce platform including impact assessment of scheduled Salesforce updates.
- Assess capabilities delivered in each Salesforce release & suitability for WGSN based on business goals and objectives
- Liaise with the Financial force & Marketo teams to ensure we maintain stable integrations between platforms.
- Ensure that technical & user documentation is kept up to date when developing and deploying system changes to ensure we have a robust record of the amended configuration thereby supporting impact analysis before changes are implemented.
- Ensure UAT Test scripts are kept up to date with any Changes released
- Ensure the Salesforce platform is Audit & GDPR compliant
Support & Continuous Improvement
- Ruthless prioritisation of change requests & issues/bugs reported by the Business
- Execute administrative tasks related to bugs/change requests such as flows, assignment rules, approval processes, fields, page layouts, record types, dynamic layouts, apps, custom settings, reports & dashboards & more (list not exhaustive)
- Ability to identify & highlight improvements required in data quality & process
- Involvement in key projects
- Working with third party developers to ensure complex change requests & development is implemented to a high standard and that sufficient QA & UAT is complete and signed off.
- Ensuring UAT is carried out and signed off by the business prior to bug fixes & change releases.
- Basic training to walk CRM lead and users through changes and fixes
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Proven strong Salesforce experience plus Salesforce Certifications up to date;
- Ability to assess business process needs and map these against the Salesforce platform capabilities;
- Experience in release processes utilising tools such as Gearset, Copado & More.
- Desired Certifications: Salesforce Certified Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud & CPQ expertise required
- Salesforce Lightning experience is a must
- Good knowledge & understanding of basic triggers & Apex Code
- Fantastic communication skills, good at collaboration and an appetite for building Salesforce capability across the business; knowledge of Marketo & Financial force systems is required.
- Ability to clearly communicate detailed technical information verbally and written to a technical or non-technical audience
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to gain quick fluency on technologies with a strong motivation to improve and develop own skills
- Analytical process driven approach to troubleshooting technical issues
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
- Desire to drive process and efficiency improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a culturally diverse environment
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to write and maintain documentation including user stories & acceptance criteria
- Ability to prioritise conflicting needs of the business and internal users.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise workload under pressure
Ascential’s supporting beliefs
- Focus: we ruthlessly prioritise and always keep things simple
- All in: once we commit we deliver, with a clear focus on outcome
- Trustworthiness, transparency & openness: transparency inspires trust & empowers
- Be creative: we are smart, pro-active innovators
- Facts: we always use data & insight to inform our work
- Empathy: we can be relied upon for fairness and consideration
- No silos: one team, one face, one reputation
What we offer
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year - with an option to buy/ sell up to 5 days
- Pension, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Flexible benefits platform with options including Private Medical, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness, and the Ascential Shares Scheme – opt in
- Employee assistance programme, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering opportunities and charitable giving options
- Great learning and development opportunities.
More about WGSN
WGSN is the global authority on consumer trend forecasting.
We help brands around the world create the right products at the right time for tomorrow’s consumer.
An inclusive culture is one of our key priorities. We want our people to truly be themselves and thrive. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas, different strengths and perspectives & reflect the global audience we work with.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. In addition, our Early Talent programmes help grow and foster diverse new talent for our sectors.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say