Senior Account Manager
We're looking for an Senior Account Manager to join our team in New York as part of our Client Services function.
Your Role: You will take responsibility for growing revenue from a defined group of clients. You will report into the Head of Account Development and work closely with the Client Success team to turn valuable knowledge of the client into commercial conversations. You will also involve leading projects across the account development team as required, such as overseeing the smooth onboarding of new clients and growing our Advisory revenue from existing clients. The successful candidate should enjoy client contact roles and the challenge of growing an existing client base.
- Meet/exceed own annual value and volume renewal rate & upsell targets
- Accurate and continuous forecasting of renewal conversation outcomes throughout their lifetime as clients
- Work with the Global AD team on ad hoc projects when required i.e. smooth onboarding of new clients - identify problem areas and implement new processes to improve, with tangible outcomes to measure success
- Create an annual business plan to identify risk & growth opportunities as well as forecast & plan for over achievement of targets. Review on a monthly basis
- Work with the client success team to identify renewals at risk and propose, manage and execute a plan devised to reduce risk and increase likelihood of renewal
- Maintain a strong relationship with key stakeholders so that you are clear on their challenges and can pinpoint exactly where the WARC service adds value for their business.
- Work to understand reasons behind non-renewal and implement win back strategy
- Partner with the Client Success team(s) to collaborate on account plans for all key/growth accounts
- Maintain a solutions-oriented, pro-active work style to advance towards goals
- Previous experience in a B2B client facing role and/or working with a brand owner
- Ability to reach and develop relationships with C-Level leadership or senior lines of business executives in your respective categories
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Strong business acumen, problem solving & analytical skills
- Proven negotiation skills with persistence and tenacity
- Evidence of a drive and determination to hit targets
- Evidence of working within a team to achieve both individual and wider team goals
- Excellent internet researcher with good knowledge of major industry sources
- Evidence of the ability to forecast financial outcomes, identify challenges and risks and to manage a plan of action in those circumstances
- Experience of presenting to groups of individuals face to face and running online demonstrations of products/services
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM system
If you don't meet every single requirement, we'd still encourage you to apply. At WARC, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role we would still like you to apply.
Who are we?
WARC is the global authority on marketing effectiveness. We provide rigorous and unbiased evidence, expertise and guidance to help marketers navigate any challenges effectively. WARC services include 100,000+ case studies, best practice guides, research papers, special reports, advertising trend data, news & opinion articles, as well as awards, events and advisory services.
WARC operates out of London, New York, São Paul and Singapore to service a community of over 75,000 marketers in more than 1,300 companies in 100+ markets and collaborates with 50+ industry partners.
WARC is an Ascential company. Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems. We help our customers to make smart decisions that improve performance now, and in the future.
With more than 3,300 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led groups and networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, Shalom Ascential and Latinx, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. We are proud to have been recognised as a best performer in the FTSE Women Leaders Review for six consecutive years, listed in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and ranked in the top 1500 companies on Sustainalytics.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance as well as Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee assistance programme, Vision benefits, Volunteering and Commuters benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say
Ascential anticipates in good faith that the position shall be compensated at a base salary no lower than the posted minimum and no higher than the posted maximum. Each candidate's actual salary will be a function of the candidate’s qualifications, the locally competitive market rate and will be consistent with Ascential's internal approach to base salary compensation.