Senior Content Manager
We're looking for a Senior Content Manager, Events to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
We’re looking for a strong senior content manager to join our team in London, responsible for the growth and delivery of Retail Week’s bespoke sponsored live and virtual events under the Connect content marketing division.
This person will take ownership of the burgeoning bespoke events business in 2022 as the world of live events starts back up again in earnest - from intimate breakfasts, to top leadership dinners and day long summits. They will also lead the virtual events arm, which includes bespoke webinars as well as morning virtual masterclasses on topics such as ecommerce, the consumer and tech.
The role involves overall project management of the events, which includes researching topics, working with the sales team to make the content/agenda commercially viable, liaising with big name clients, speaker acquisition, writing marketing copy and driving delegate numbers in partnership with our marketing team.
To propel growth in Retail Week Connect’s events division, we are looking for an assertive, self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative individual who can work with a variety of stakeholders and deliver thought provoking events, providing the chance for our highly engaged community to connect. This is a key role in the growing content marketing side of Retail Week and an excellent chance to work as part of a talented fast-paced team.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality for Retail Week Connect's bespoke sponsored in-person and virtual events
- Speaker acquisition and contact building
- Delivering content that aligns with and over delivers on clients' objectives
- Identifying new and inspiring retail trends and opportunities for new events
- Product development and evolution in the events space
- Working closely with the marketing, sales and logistics team to make sure the events are a success
- Passion for delivering thought-provoking content and speakers
- Strong client relationship skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Comfortable with contact building at a C-suite level
- Creative mindset
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative approach
- Knowledge of the retail sector is a benefit, but not essential
- Event hosting experience would be a bonus
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, and offer flexible benefit packages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
RWRC helps businesses in the commerce sector win in the digital economy. We do this by explaining the impact of the latest developments transforming the sector, by benchmarking the digital performance of commerce companies, connecting like-minded people to build partnerships that unlock growth and inspiring people with new ideas that will drive their digital future.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, award-winning team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you the flexibility to do your best work.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?