Senior Content Manager
We're looking for a Senior Content Manager (FTC – Mat Cover) to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
We’re looking for a strong senior content manager to join our team in London, responsible for the growth and delivery of Retail Week's diversity and inclusion events programme Be Inspired.
Be Inspired's mission is to give everyone in retail - regardless of age, background, gender, race, sexual orientation or ability - the tools, inspiration, knowledge and connections needed to fulfil their career aspirations. The diversity programme has been on a trajectory of growth over the past five years with significant new event format launches which reached more than 3,000 attendees in 2020. To ensure that growth continues, we are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative individual who is passionate about driving progressive change and inclusivity in the industry. This contract is for a 12-month maternity leave cover.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality for Retail Week's virtual diversity and inclusion events, as well as bespoke, client-driven events both virtual and in person
- Overall responsibility for research and content production of the annual Be Inspired D&I conference
- Speaker acquisition and contact building
- Delivering content that aligns with and over delivers on clients' objectives
- Identifying new and inspiring D&I trends
- Product development and evolution in the events space
- Working closely with the marketing, sales and logistics team to make sure the conference and additional D&I/retail events are successful
- Experience in conference production
- Passion for delivering thought-provoking content and speakers
- Strong client relationship skills
- Excellent writing, communication and event hosting skills
- Comfortable with contact building at a C-suite level
- Creative mindset
- Strong research skills
- Enthusiasm for driving the D&I agenda forward
- Knowledge of the retail sector is a benefit, but not essential
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
RWRC helps businesses in the commerce sector win in the digital economy. We do this by explaining the impact of the latest developments transforming the sector, by benchmarking the digital performance of commerce companies, connecting like-minded people to build partnerships that unlock growth and inspiring people with new ideas that will drive their digital future.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, award-winning team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you the flexibility to do your best work.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?