Senior Paid Media Specialist
We're looking for a Senior Paid Search Specialist to join our team Homebased - UK as part of our Marketing function.
We are looking for a candidate with the right drive, can-do attitude and proactiveness before experience. This opportunity is perfect for a PPC executive, PPC specialists or similar ready for the next step in their career to expand and level up their skill set. The role is very much focused on the B2B world, the candidate must have strong knowledge of B2B or have high interest to pursue a role within this field. The candidate will help assist the Senior Paid Media Managers with day to day work across multiple different brands.
The candidate must demonstrate a clear understanding of paid media and the wider digital marketing world. In this role the candidate can take ownership in delivering innovative work which surpass industry standards and benchmarks. The right candidate will be given expert guidance from senior colleagues and will have the opportunity to grow and develop their skills and career.
The ideal candidate is someone with a data-driven and collaborative approach to business, able to keep challenging the status quo and with a natural curiosity towards everything in business. At Ascential we do not work in silos and our Paid Media Experts work closely with other teams and get exposed to everything around digital marketing (SEO, UX/UI, Automation, Email marketing, Branding, Data Analysis, Tech, etc.).
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are looking for a step up or the next challenge in their career. The Ascential digital marketing team is expanding fast and it gives the candidate an exciting opportunity to play their own part in this success.
- Execute day to day tasks relating paid media campaigns across multiple brands and channels.
- Identify and implement top level opportunities to help grow Paid Media Performance.
- Work closely under the guidance of Senior Paid Media Managers and other colleagues in the Paid Media team and beyond.
- Contribute to the preparation of detailed periodic performance reports.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices in order to proactively recommend & implement changes/tests/updates to campaigns on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with other Digital Marketing teams to keep the channel in sync with the overall strategy
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on experience in at least one Paid Media channel (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Display)
- Someone who can create a paid media campaign from scratch (Brief to Reporting) including keyword planning, ad suggestions, technical set up, and follow ups.
- Deep understanding of match types, automated bidding, budget management, keyword research, ad text/creative types, audience targeting, quality score and all other key components of paid media.
- Previous experience with Google Analytics or similar tools
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Google sheets and Google data studio
- Good understanding of tracking & data technologies (UTM parameters, pixel implementation, native integrations, data studio, etc)
- Experience in data analysis and reporting is essential for the role
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and ability to identify opportunities via optimisations
- Previous experience in liaising with non-experts or equivalent communication skills to make paid media complexity easy to understand for anyone
- Strong understanding of B2B industry and related KPIs
- Up to date with all industry trends and best practices
- Attention to detail is key and someone who takes pride in their work is preferred
Ideal skills and experience:
- (training & guidance will be provided / can be learnt on the job)
- Previous B2B experience and good knowledge of B2B best practices in paid media
- Experience with managing multi-language, world-wide campaigns across several accounts
- Worked in a fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong technical skills around tracking technology
- Familiar with CRM systems
- Flexibility to handle different types of projects at any one time
- Quick learner and someone who is able to take feedback onboard
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, and offer flexible benefit packages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?