Senior Strategist Interiors
We're looking for a strong Senior Strategist Interiors to join our team in Singapore (also open to candidates based in Hong Kong/Shanghai) and become an integral part of our Content function.
We're looking for a Senior Strategist to join our Lifestyle & Interiors content team in Singapore, Hong Kong, or Shanghai and become an integral part of our content function.
With a visionary attitude, the Senior Strategist will have significant career experience designing, developing and/or buying new product for interiors, which could include furniture and lighting, kitchen & dining, decorative accessories, holiday decor and other interiors categories. Knowledge of packaging would be a plus.
With a focus on personal content creation, you'll also edit and manage content from junior members of the team.
With an expert knowledge of the global lifestyle and interiors markets, you'll be highly articulate in both written and visual communication. You will be highly skilled in interpreting trends, developing new product and have an expert understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success.
The Senior Strategist is seen as a trusted industry expert.
- Advise new content needs following client feedback to support the content strategy of department as directed by Product Director/ Content VP
- Responsible for researching and creating solution driven content showing a clear understanding of client needs across several segments. To deliver this content in either written, visual or video format
- Forecasting and tracking with quantitative and qualitative data within all markets and demographics
- Deliver traffic growth by consistently evaluating internal data and client feedback to improve content standards and relevance
- Manage a team of international freelancers to commission and edit content
- Responsible for signing off teams content, ensuring content standards are met and ready for publication as directed by Head of/Director
- Responsible for the main ‘peer review’ of content created for their relevant segments, as directed by Commissioning Managers and/or Director
- Collaborate with department and wider content team
- Travel nationally and internationally to cover industry trade shows, conferences and other events as required
- Work with the commercial teams to support client relationships
- Speak to clients regularly to understand their needs
- Work with the consultancy arm, Mindset to work and deliver projects and workshops to clients when required
- Provide quotes for press and broadcast media as required
- Line management of team with responsibility for mid-year and end-of-year reviews, setting of objectives and personal career development plans in partnership with Head of/Director
- Develop the quality of the team members’ content and behaviours, via regular feedback and 1-to-1’s
- Assisting in the recruitment for the department including screening CVs and first interviews
- Behaves as a department Ambassador both internally and externally
- Seen to be or known to be an expert within the industry with a list of industry contacts
- Significant career experience within consumer insight, design, buying, data analysis or content creation, and demonstrates a deep understanding of area of expertise
- Expert knowledge of the global market from macro to micro trends across consumer, fashion and lifestyle product areas, and the ability to pin-point trends that will impact area of expertise
- Expert level of research, analysis, writing and editing content
- Expert understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success. Ability to analyse data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market
- Excellent written English
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload, manage and support other members of team
- Excellent organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure content or outputs are of a consistently high standard and submitted on time
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders in the business from Sales, Client Services and Marketing
- Excellent presentation skills with proven experience of presenting to internally stakeholders, external clients and events
- Technical skills: Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media platforms
- Candidates need to have working papers
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?