Senior Trend Strategist, WGSN TrendCurve+
WGSN TrendCurve+ are looking for a Senior Trend Strategist to join the established team of data scientists, analysts and trend experts to deliver AI-driven fashion planning and trend forecasting across our content platform and bespoke advisory services.
The role can be based in the UK or USA.
At WGSN we offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, analysts, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high-performance company.
TrendCurve+ is a predictive analytics platform and advisory service from WGSN, combining powerful data science and quantitative forecasting with the world’s leading trend expertise. WGSN is part of the Ascential group, a specialist, global information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
The foundation of WGSN is our passionate experts. WGSN seeks talent globally to work within a business that offers a unique blend of specialist problem solvers, data analysts and innovative thinkers who put trends and data together to provide the answers to create tomorrow.
The individual will be highly analytical and skilled at interrogating multiple data sets, interpreting trends and translating data analysis into actionable insights for some of WGSN’s most strategic partners.
With a focus on content creation, you will work with our global team of data scientists, data analysts and trend experts to extract key insights and recommendations for clients as part of our TrendCurve+ service.
With a commercial mind, the Senior Strategist will have an expert understanding of the role data and analytics plays in business success.
Seen as a trusted industry expert, you will have significant career experience within the fashion sector, ideally within buying, merchandising or insights functions.
This role is client facing and meets regularly with Enterprise-level clients.
- Delivery comprehensive seasonal category and key item fashion trend reporting that meet business objectives and client needs
- Contextualise AI-powered trend forecasts and complex data sets through in depth analysis, cross-functional collaboration and secondary research to provide clear, comprehensive and actionable recommendations that drive growth for our clients’ businesses
- Write concise and relevant action-oriented commentary with clear understanding of target personas and practical client application of insights
- Apply global fashion market expertise to interpret macro and micro trends across womenswear and menswear, footwear and apparel, markets
- Build cross-functional partnerships with data science, analytics, product, and fashion content teams
- Manage workflow to seasonal content calendar deadlines
- Source, curate and credit relevant imagery to complement data analysis
- Support consultancy projects and interactions with senior stakeholders, as and when required, with WGSN’s TrendCurve+ managed services
- Present insights to clients in an engaging and inspiring manner as required
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- In-depth experience of retail, apparel & fashion markets and industry practices that enable critical retail decisions. Experience with other consumer lifestyle products and markets is a plus.
- Experience of working with and/or presenting to clients that span the fashion and retail sector and include leading global brands/retailers.
- Proven track record of working within a global consultancy environment and/or industry experience in a fashion retail buying, merchandising or insights/analytics role
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; interacting with C-Suite stake-holders and leading/developing teams; highly personable, curious, flexible and strategic thinker
- Strategic and customer-centric mindset with excellent research and analytical skills; able to work with Data Analysts to interrogate data and scope analyses to extract meaningful insights
- Able to deliver multiple concurrent projects successfully, striving for excellence to exceed client expectations and push industry standards
- Excellent at all forms of communication and collaboration, including presentation and writing skills; high degree of numeracy.
- Data literate, experience with data analytics and visualisation software (SQL, Tableau) an advantage
Ascential’s supporting beliefs
- Focus: we ruthlessly prioritise and always keep things simple
- All in: once we commit we deliver, with a clear focus on outcome
- Trustworthiness, transparency & openness: transparency inspires trust & empowers
- Be creative: we are smart, pro-active innovators
- Facts: we always use data & insight to inform our work
- Empathy: we can be relied upon for fairness and consideration
- No silos: one team, one face, one reputation
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. In addition, our Early Talent programmes help grow and foster diverse new talent for our sectors.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs. For the UK, the below benefits apply.
- 25 days of holiday per year - with an option to buy/ sell up to 5 days
- Pension, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Flexible benefits platform with options including Private Medical, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness and the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Employee assistance programme, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering opportunities and charitable giving options
- Great learning and development opportunities
For the US, the below benefits apply
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say