Sr. DevOps Engineer
We're looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our team in Baltimore as part of our Product Development function. You will have day-to-day and strategic responsibility for the maintenance, security and scalability of the infrastructure, services and tools that power our custom web-based software systems as well as our significant-sized data operations. You will respond to support incidents, work on migration and automation projects, and collaborate with development teams in evolving our DevOps processes. Flywheel Digital promotes a “DevOps” culture in Product Development, which means you will work in collaboration with development teams on a daily basis.
- Provide support to the Product Engineering and Customer Operations teams for issues that arise from the infrastructure
- Work on projects to improve the performance, stability and reliability of the platform
- Develop and maintain monitoring of platform availability and performance
- Identity and Access management for users, both internal and external
- Develop and maintain security policies and procedures, and ensure compliance to make sure that all software systems and data are secure
- Deploy, manage and support infrastructure resources that power the platform
- Automation and scripting of regular tasks and processes within the team and platform
- Proactively identify and resolve performance and reliability concerns with the platform
- Hands-on knowledge of AWS services and general cloud principles
- Scripting experience in shell script or PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working within a support team that interacts with customers both internal and external
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as CloudWatch and New Relic
- Familiarity with CI/CD; TeamCity and/or Octopus Deploy experience is a plus, but not required
- Hands-on experience with the Linux operating system, including configuration and troubleshooting
- Bachelors in CS, IS, or other related field, or relevant work experience
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools (CloudFormation, Terraform or similar)
- Network analysis and architecture design with a mind towards maintainability, scalability, and security in AWS environment
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Very Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Flywheel Digital is a diverse collection of practitioners who have solved the most challenging problems for numerous Fortune 500 companies on Amazon. We love rolling up our sleeves to figure out the root cause of issues and implement structural fixes to get and keep our client's business on track. Our team of business managers, search managers, analysts, and software developers work together to provide industry-leading support to the best brands on Amazon. Flywheel are headquartered in Baltimore in the United States and have recently set up a European hub in London. In 2018 Flywheel was acquired by Ascential PLC.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?