Strategy Director EMEA
We're looking for a Strategy Director EMEA to join our team in London as part of our Consultancy function.
At MediaLink, we harness change to master opportunity, working side by side with our partners to deliver optimal business results via transformative action plans, pivotal in-market feedback and operational excellence. This role plays a crucial role delivering against those goals.
The individual will be engaging with clients across the portfolio of MediaLink EMEA, in collaboration with our EVP & MD EMEA, and Director of Business Strategy & Marketing. You will be a key part of the strategic approach to delivering on our clients’ need to learn, grow and transform in their respective sectors of media, entertainment, marketing and technology.
A successful person in this role will have the ability to work across a wide range of clients and company life-stages, is a self-starter and will be energised by the variety of assignments and inter-connectivity of the industry.
Build and maintain top line EMEA revenue targets
- Lead the EMEA strategic advisory function and work other senior leadership stakeholders to identify potential new business opportunities to drive revenue and grow the strategic advisory department in EMEA
- Draft statements of work that clearly articulate how MediaLink can accelerate their business faster than they could do on their own
- Support business growth opportunities with existing clients by understanding the broad MediaLink service offerings, listening for triggers and raising cross-sell and upsell opportunities strategically aligned with client needs
- Use existing network, sector and/or discipline expertise, and client relationship skills to bring new clients into MediaLink
- Work closely with EMEA Executive search team and US Strategic advisory team to cross-pollinate business opportunities
Deliver high quality projects that helps us grow our reputation in EMEA and secure further work from existing clients
- Work with a team of Directors, Analysts and Consultants based in London and the USA, to deliver brilliant work and enhance client relationships
- Provide oversight to ensure the work that is delivered to clients is the highest quality it can be
- Develop trusted relationships through credibility, reliability and a client orientated focus serving as one of the key points-of-contact
Help establish a positive, energetic dynamic in EMEA team by working collaboratively with the rest of the newly created management team to provide collective leadership in the UK
- Contribute towards the effective running of the UK business and helps achieve clarity around the goals and direction of the business as we grow
- Motivate and influence colleagues at all levels to work together in delivering above-and-beyond for each other, and MediaLink clients
- Contribute views and ideas on maximising performance future as we experiment with a more hybrid WFH/WFO dynamic
- Must have significant experience of working directly with/as part of the C-Suite and comfortable leading conversations and meetings at the highest level
- Experience of working for smaller independent companies and large corporate organisations preferable
- Deep analytical experience and familiarity with interpreting and identify trends within large amounts of data is critical
- Ideally +10 years of work experience in media, marketing, advertising, technology and/or consulting fields
- Degree level education (or equivalent) desirable, but not required
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical) and crafting original strategic recommendations with limited involvement from leadership
- Proven track record of selling through recommendations to internal teams and/or clients; demonstrated success in turning ideas into actions
- Fluency in media/advertising/technology industry terms and trends
- Ability to partner across the organisation to deliver engagement objectives
Key attributes you will need for the role:
- Endlessly optimistic & enthusiastic: Critically, you will need to demonstrate a naturally optimistic, creative, commercial and business development approach to all conversations. You must exhibit passion and excitement over work and the challenges of growing the business and use this to inspire others.
- Dynamic work ethic: You must be an independent self-starter, with strong collaborative abilities, self-motivated, confident and able to drive both tactical tasks and longer-term strategic needs of the business. You must be comfortable working in a small team but be able to navigate a global and diverse organisation.
- Intellectually curious and culturally aware: A quick learner that has fun learning. Able to process large amounts of information and then synthesise and communicate/present salient points to different stakeholders. Command of business dynamics is a must.
- Natural attention to detail and a focus on accuracy: Your ability to manage competing priorities and project management skills will play an important role in EMEA and across the global MediaLink organisation. People and clients are at the very center of the business and having exceptional attention to detail, a strong client service orientation and timely follow up (with both internal and external facing stakeholders) will be imperative.
- Work with urgency: We are a fast-paced company. Those in this role will often be working toward deadlines or holding others accountable to keep to deadlines. This individual will need to operate with speed and bring others along with them to where they are headed.
- Relentless. We need an individual who is unstoppable in the quest to grow the business by converting prospects to meaningful enduring relationships and creating repeat work from existing clients. A natural completer finisher disposition and to be a positive worrier at service to delighting our clients.
- Coachable and open to feedback. Working seamlessly with the EVP and MD EMEA as she builds out MediaLink’s business in the region, you will actively solicit feedback as a way to identify ways to continuously improve.
- Trustworthy: This role will demand a high level of confidentiality. You will be dealing with top industry leaders, practitioners, and sensitive client information. All information will need to be treated with the strictest of confidence and under no circumstances shared without explicit permission.
- Astute and confident. Dealing with senior, industry-leading stakeholders in any given scenario, this individual needs to navigate with a honed EQ – confident and capable of assessing nuanced social environments, engaging either as a multi-faceted domain expert or an active observer.
- Collaborative: A spirit for working with clients to make sure the project feels theirs and the solutions are shared. An appetite for working with a team to create a spirit of interdependence, not a hierarchy, where we have each other’s backs.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
At MediaLink, we create competitive advantage and growth strategies for large- scale organisations. We drive growth and foster innovation by identifying key challenges, providing practical tactics and helping to implement the solutions.
Unlike other companies, we can offer you access to direct client relationships with large global companies at a senior level. We provide you with the opportunities, strategies and execution of these to help you develop and grow, all while giving you access to senior leadership and their expertise.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?