SVP Events USA
We're looking for an SVP Events USA to join our team in the USA (NYC Office or Homebased) as part of our Events function.
Your team: This is a unique opportunity to lead our largest edition, at one of the fastest growing events globally.
Your Role: You will be a highly visible brand representative in the market, championing our brand and building close relationships with our key customers and partners. You will be an experienced inspirational leader who can lead a team to deliver an exceptional product and deliver sustainable high growth. You will also be experienced at working in a stakeholder global business but also able to work independently and entrepreneurially. Team development and management is also key to the success of this role, with multiple projects on the go to deliver the event.
- Author and deliver the commercial strategy to deliver consistently high growth and profit for Money20/20 USA
- Work closely with the SVP Product lead to ensure that the product delivers for customers and delivers sustainable repeatable growth.
- Lead a highly complex team from the front
- Lead a customer centric business where you know the key customers and understand their needs in order that you can drive the product to higher satisfaction levels.
- Accountable for delegate acquisition for the show, focusing on a retention first approach and adding strong new business to drive growth
- Accountable for customer acquisition for sponsorship, managing a strong lead generation strategy. Work with the Sales Director to ensure the sales team deliver strong trading growth and focus on understanding customer needs and ROI, constantly looking for new revenue opportunities and thinking differently to drive success.
- Oversee the direction and management of your event team as they deliver event campaigns, ensuring they deliver on brief, on budget, and on time, to the highest quality. This includes running show planning sessions and working with the Ascential Event Operations team.
- Coach, mentor, develop, motivate and lead your team with clear direction and focus on their roles and responsibilities.
- Be an active member of the Money20/20 leadership team, driving excellence in the brand and with our colleagues
- Experienced Commercial leader with clear experience of running high growth businesses
- Good financial services industry knowledge with a biases to FinTech desired but not essential
- Commercially astute with a track record of delivering multi million revenue streams
- Exceptional project management skills delivering on time and on budget.
- Highly skilled people manager of multi disciplinary teams with strong leadership and motivational capabilities.
- Clear and confident in decision making.
- Open and honest - able and confident in giving constructive feedback.
- Excellent experience in client management building relationships and problem solving.
- Flexible and resilient - willing to work against the norms of events to deliver something exceptional
If you don't meet every single requirement, we'd still encourage you to apply. At Money20/20, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role we would still like you to apply.
Who are we?
Money20/20 is the world’s leading premium content, sales and networking platform for the global money ecosystem.
From in depth analytics to inspirational speakers, our world-class insight and networking opportunities help our customers stay ahead – powering strategies and switching mindsets.
The future promises a faster, smoother, more connected money ecosystem. Money20/20 promises the clearest, sharpest vision of what’s next.
Money20/20 is an Ascential company. Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems. We help our customers to make smart decisions that improve performance now, and in the future.
With more than 3,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led groups and networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, Shalom Ascential and Latinx, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. We are proud to have been recognised as a best performer in the FTSE Women Leaders Review for six consecutive years, listed in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and ranked in the top 1500 companies on Sustainalytics.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance as well as Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee assistance programme, Vision benefits, Volunteering and Commuters benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say
Ascential anticipates in good faith that the position shall be compensated at a base salary no lower than the posted minimum and no higher than the posted maximum. Each candidate's actual salary will be a function of the candidate’s qualifications, the locally competitive market rate and will be consistent with Ascential's internal approach to base salary compensation.