Transformation Project Manager
We're looking for a Transformation Project Manager to join our team in London as part of our Strategy function.
The Project Manager will work with brand and functional leaders across Ascential to drive a wide variety of strategic, transformative and business change projects (not IT), aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the organisation. Their main role will be to oversee the governance, planning, delivery, implementation and tracking of projects and ensure all agreed project deliverables are met.
Note that whilst the project sponsor is responsible for successful project delivery, the responsibility for day to day delivery is delegated to the project manager. Therefore, at a high level the post holder is responsible for the successful delivery of these projects across Ascential
- Oversee the planning, delivery, and tracking of agreed strategic projects and ensure all agreed project deliverables are met
- Work with stakeholders to agree these project objectives, define scope, deliverables and key activities
- Develop detailed project plans and timelines and prioritizes the tasks within the plan to achieve project goals
- Set up and run project governance. Provide regular updates on the status and progress of projects and communicate to stakeholders
- Identify project risks and the develop and implement the mitigations for these risks
- Lead the project team to ensure project delivery is timely and of the highest quality
- Directly support the delivery of strategic and transformation projects on an ad-hoc basis as required, e.g. new product launches, new initiatives, organisational structure change
- Implementing sound change management frameworks across key business transformation activities
- Ideally 3+ years relevant project management experience, including the ability to manage diverse and varied teams at both a high level and with more hands-on delivery where necessary. Project Management qualifications a positive
- Management consultancy / relevant industry experience is preferred, not essential
- End to end project delivery preferred, not essential
- Mergers & Acquisitions – integration experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; interacting with senior stakeholders and leading/developing teams; with a customer led viewpoint
- Ability to work on multiple projects and apply structure, rigour and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with good analytical capability
- Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
- Strong ability to prioritize, manage deliverable timelines, mitigate risks, manage budgets.
- Able to operate autonomously and as part of a team and will need to develop good stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to work across cross functional teams.
- Ability to coach and upskill, implementing project management tools and templates across the organisation
- Personal Attributes
- Be approachable and personable
- Be capable of communicating with senior stakeholders and influencing discussions and decisions
- Demonstrate a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Be calm and professional at all times
- Work well under pressure and with ambiguity
- Be goal oriented
- High level of attention to detail
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?