Trend Forecaster and Editor, Consumer Tech
We're looking for a Trend Forecaster and Editor, Consumer Tech to join our team in either New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo or London, as part of our Content function.
With proven industry experience the Trend Forecaster and Editor, Consumer Tech will have a deep understanding of the latest cutting edge innovation and technology trends set to impact the future consumer and product design. With a focus on personal content creation, you'll also collaborate with a team of international experts and provide support to team members.
You’ll have an in-depth understanding of global technology and innovation trends, market analysis, new product development and the role data and analytics play in commercial success.
The Trend Forecaster and Editor, Consumer Tech will be proactive in presenting new ideas and delivering innovation with the ability to pin-point trends that will impact the technology market.
- Responsible for researching and creating solution driven content showing a clear understanding of client needs across several segments. To deliver this content in either written, visual or video format
- Forecasting and tracking with quantitative and qualitative data within all markets and demographics
- Active participation in the content for WGSN trend days
- Deliver traffic growth by consistently evaluating internal data and client feedback to improve content standards and relevance
- Edit team’s content, ensuring content standards are met and ready for sign-off, as directed by Senior Strategist/Head of
- Collaborate with department and wider content team
- Travel nationally and internationally to cover industry trade shows, conferences and other events as required (and when safe to do)
- Work with the commercial teams to support client relationships
- Speak with clients to understand their needs
- Work with the consultancy arm, Mindset, on research when required
- Provide quotes for press and broadcast media as required
- Line management of team with responsibility for mid-year and end-of-year reviews, setting of objectives and personal career development plans in partnership with Senior Strategist/Head of
- Develop the quality of the team members’ content and behaviours, via regular feedback and 1-to-1’s.
- Proven career experience tracking and forecasting the latest innovation and technology trends set to impact the future consumer, design and product development
- Proven knowledge of area of expertise with a good understanding of the macro to micro trends across consumer technology product areas, and the ability to pin-point trends that will impact area of expertise
- Proven experience of research, analysis, writing and editing content
- Demonstrates an understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success. Ability to analyse data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market
- Good written English
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload, and informally support other members of team
- Good organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure content or outputs are of a consistently high standard and submitted on time
- Ability to build strong working relationships with content team and work with Sales, Client Services and Marketing where appropriate
- Technical skills: Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms
What We Offer
Our US benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?