We are looking to hire a Footwear & Accessories Analyst to join our Content team in Hong-Kong or Singapore.
Working at WGSN
Together, we create tomorrow
A career with WGSN is fast-paced, exciting and full of opportunities to grow and develop. We're a team of consumer and design trend forecasters, content creators, designers, data analysts, advisory consultants and much more, united by a common goal: to create tomorrow.
WGSN's trusted consumer and design forecasts power outstanding product design, enabling our customers to create a better future. Our services cover consumer insights, beauty, consumer tech, fashion, interiors, lifestyle, food and drink forecasting, data analytics and expert advisory. If you are an expert in your field, we want to hear from you.
We're looking for a Footwear & Accessories specialist, who has proven experience to join our Content team. The role is based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
You will be required to write industry reports as they relate to the global commercial fashion market. With a good understanding of soft accessories in particular, you will be articulate in written English and visual communication, consistently delivering a high standard of content. You will also demonstrate the ability to collaborate, sharing new ideas to support the evolution and creation of content across the team, building and maintaining strong, and global cross-department relationships.
You will have a thirst for knowledge. You will demonstrate a good understanding of trends, market analysis, new product development, and the role that data and analytics play in commercial success. You will produce reports identifying product opportunities for WGSN’s design and buying clients at an item and category level using a combination of image research and WGSN’s proprietary data sets across ecommerce and social media.
You will have had a fashion design or buying education within accessories and/or footwear and be able to take that knowledge and use it to comment confidently on the implications of trends across multiple product categories.
This role sits at a level that is equivalent to an in-brand junior designer, or assistant buyer.
- Researching and creating solution-driven content as directed by the Footwear & Accessories Senior Strategist. Delivering this content in either written, visual or video format.
- You will work with our UK based Senior Footwear & Accessories Strategist, and UK and US based Strategists, to deliver content for the Footwear & Accessories department across the global WGSN platforms and channels.
- Contributing to team meetings and representing the department in wider Fashion team meetings where required.
- Participating in the research and development of macro and micro trends as directed by the Footwear & Accessories Senior Strategist.
- Collaborate beyond the direct Footwear & Accessories department to build knowledge within the wider Fashion Content team.
- Travel nationally and internationally to cover industry trade shows, conferences and other events when required.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Proven experience within the footwear and accessories market with a background in trend forecasting, design or buying, demonstrating an understanding of the industry across design, buying, textile innovation and lifestyle drivers.
- Knowledge of the global footwear and accessories markets from premium to commercial trends across fashion and lifestyle product areas, and the ability to pin-point trends that will impact the market.
- Experience in writing and reporting within design, buying or content creation.
- Good standard of written English.
- Good understanding of how macro and micro trends and social media platforms are impacting the footwear and accessories industry.
- An understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload and support other members of the team.
- Ability to manage your own time effectively to meet content creation deadlines.
- Good organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure production standards, reports or outputs are of a consistently high standard and submitted on time.
- Willing to invest time to build strong working relationships with the wider Content Team, as well as Sales, Client Services and Marketing.
- Technical skills: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Slack, social media platforms.
Ascential’s supporting beliefs
- Focus: we ruthlessly prioritise and always keep things simple
- All in: once we commit we deliver, with a clear focus on outcome
- Trustworthiness, transparency & openness: transparency inspires trust & empowers
- Be creative: we are smart, pro-active innovators
- Facts: we always use data & insight to inform our work
- Empathy: we can be relied upon for fairness and consideration
- No silos: one team, one face, one reputation
More about WGSN
WGSN is the global authority on consumer trend forecasting.
We help brands around the world create the right products at the right time for tomorrow’s consumer.
An inclusive culture is one of our key priorities. We want our people to truly be themselves and thrive. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas, different strengths and perspectives & reflect the global audience we work with.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. In addition, our Early Talent programmes help grow and foster diverse new talent for our sectors.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say