We're looking for an Information Security Manager to join our team in London as part of our Technology function.
Your team: Reporting to the group CTO, you will be responsible for the group-wide Information Security Function, managing a focused small team to set the Information Security strategy for the organisation.
Your Role: Day to day, your team will be addressing key operational aspects such as the secure delivery of business projects, Cloud Security Governance, secure M&A, regular auditing and remediation, evaluating new technology, and End User Cyber Security Awareness.
Travel to other Ascential offices may be required from time to time which provides opportunity for international travel.
Your team also carries out incident triage and investigation including malware analysis and some digital forensic work. If these are not areas that you are already experienced in, then this is a great opportunity to learn.
- Shape our Information Security strategy to stay abreast of the evolving threat landscape as relevant to Ascential
- Supporting a wider Cloud Governance project through the setting of Cloud security policy, standards, and auditing and remediation activities.
- Setting the Information Security strategy for the organisation
- Reporting to the Board on Cyber Security posture when requested
- Managing stakeholder relationships across a wide network of supporting functions including technology, development, engineering, legal, finance, procurement, sales, marketing, and HR to ensure consistent engagement.
- Ensuring the secure delivery and ongoing security of products delivered by engineering teams
- Managing the security portfolio of technology products including Single Sign On, Data Loss Prevention, AntiVirus, and vulnerability management
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of current threats from a variety of sources to highlight those that pose a risk to Ascential
- Understanding the nature of our Cyber threat as it evolves and implementing appropriate defence
- Ensuring the secure procurement and on-boarding of new suppliers and implementation of third party solutions
- Ensuring secure M&A activity by security scanning of any products being acquired, understanding any technical debt being assumed, and enrolling new members of staff to the security policies and e-learning programme
- Responding to customer security questionnaires within required timelines
- Upskilling a motivated network of Security Champions in tools and processes used by the Information Security team, allowing them to provide effective 24-hour first response
- Running product evaluations to select new commercial and open source Information Security solutions
- Creating and delivering engaging cyber security awareness content
- Running regular internal auditing activity to discover vulnerabilities, threats, and breach of company security policy
- Shaping and executing our Cyber Incident Response process when necessary
- Minimum three years’ experience in an Information Security role
- Experience of working in an Enterprise IT team or a managed hosting environment / ISP beneficial
- Demonstrable Cloud (AWS is preferable) expertise both from a policy/standards/delivery perspective and threat analysis and compliance reporting
- Experience using SumoLogic SIEM or similar SIEM solution
- Workplace Security experience including Google Workplace, Windows 10 and MacOS
- Any experience of achieving SOC2 compliance or similar
- Information Security related certifications such as (CISSP, SSCP or CCSP)
- Excellent understanding of information security best practices.
- Ability to provide awareness training
- Securing Cloud platforms
- Monitoring and identifying suspicious or harmful activities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with senior stakeholders
- Ability to document and report control failures and gaps to stakeholders
If you don't meet every single requirement, we'd still encourage you to apply. At Ascential, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role we would still like you to apply.
Who are we?
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems. We help our customers to make smart decisions that improve performance now, and in the future.
With more than 3,00 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led groups and networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, Shalom Ascential and Latinx, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. We are proud to have been recognised as a best performer in the FTSE Women Leaders Review for six consecutive years, listed in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and ranked in the top 1500 companies on Sustainalytics.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year - with an option to buy/ sell upto 5 days
- Pension, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Flexible benefits platform with options including Private Medical, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness and the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Employee assistance programme, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering opportunities and charitable giving options
- Great learning and development opportunities.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say