We are looking to hire a Senior Consultant to join our Mindset Consultancy team in London on a fixed-term basis for 12 months with the aim to be made permanent.
Working at WGSN
Together, we create tomorrow
A career with WGSN is fast-paced, exciting and full of opportunities to grow and develop. We're a team of consumer and design trend forecasters, content creators, designers, data analysts, advisory consultants and much more, united by a common goal: to create tomorrow.
WGSN's trusted consumer and design forecasts power outstanding product design, enabling our customers to create a better future. Our services cover consumer insights, beauty, consumer tech, fashion, interiors, lifestyle, food and drink forecasting, data analytics and expert advisory. If you are an expert in your field, we want to hear from you.
You will have extensive experience delivering consultancy services to senior clients. You will be seen as a trusted industry expert that demonstrates thought leadership to clients and shares knowledge and skill sets throughout the team.
This role has been created to specifically work across a defined set of established high value clients (within the fashion & retail space), with specific business needs and delivery expectations.
Focusing primarily on these clients - you will develop commercial solutions that address their needs across a range of topics, categories and specialisms. You will develop new business, design and implement strategies, lead research & insight, and oversee projects teams.
Working collaboratively across the Mindset team, you will lead and inspire, leveraging expertise and insight from category experts, strategists and our data team.
The foundation of WGSN is our passionate experts. WGSN seeks talent globally to work within a business that offers a unique blend of specialist problem solvers, data analysts and innovative thinkers who put trends and data together to provide the answers to create tomorrow.
- Own & manage key assigned accounts with a view to grow and develop commercial opportunities with clients
- Work in partnership with the commercial teams to drive client growth, support client relationships and establish our solutions.
- Alongside commercial teams, establish excellent levels of service with key accounts that foster long term relationships.
- Deliver on financial KPI's and other metrics as set out in annual plans.
- Implement the Mindset consultancy strategy for your clients, identifying new solutions and adapting methodologies, while working closely with senior Mindset leaders to ensure relevancy and drive growth.
- Responsible for researching and creating solution driven strategy & analysis, showing a clear understanding of the project briefs & clients' business context.
- Conduct and oversee both qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research across a variety of methodologies and deliver best -in- class analysis that provides actionable recommendations that benefit clients future business.
- Ensure operational excellence and accuracy of reporting on all owned projects and for designated clients
- Line management with responsibility for direct reports' performance, reviews and 1-1s
- Responsible for project reviews, ensuring standards of research, analysis and strategy are met, and where possible exceeded.
- Responsible for managing freelancer acquisition along with the relationships of freelancers working on your projects.
- Travel nationally and internationally to deliver high value consulting projects to clients.
- Contribute to marketing activity focusing on the promotion of Mindset expertise and capabilities
- Behave as a department & company ambassador both internally and externally
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Significant career experience within consulting, strategy, consumer insight, design, buying, data analysis and content creation, familiar with the workings of agency and consulting models
- Strong knowledge of fashion business models, retail trading calendars and confident in translating macro and consumer trends into future-looking product trends.
- Experienced in working with associated job functions in fashion i.e., design, buying & merchandising - with an ability to speak our client’s language.
- A keen understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success. Proven experience in working with data, with an ability to direct data analysis and pinpoint product trends that will impact the market.
- Demonstrable experience of having worked with multiple data sources - (such as social, survey and e-commerce) and translated them into actionable insights.
- A unique ability to build narrative and recommendations from data, and confident in presenting granular data to audiences of varying data literacy.
- Able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the global market from macro to micro trends across consumer, fashion and lifestyle product areas, and the ability to assimilate client challenges/needs into commercial opportunities
- Awareness of the business and operational models that underpin commercial success for consultancy.
- Experience executing strategy into work streams and translating direction into an actionable plan for clients.
Ascential’s supporting beliefs
- Focus: we ruthlessly prioritise and always keep things simple
- All in: once we commit we deliver, with a clear focus on outcome
- Trustworthiness, transparency & openness: transparency inspires trust & empowers
- Be creative: we are smart, pro-active innovators
- Facts: we always use data & insight to inform our work
- Empathy: we can be relied upon for fairness and consideration
- No silos: one team, one face, one reputation
What we offer
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year - with an option to buy/ sell up to 5 days
- Pension, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Flexible benefits platform with options including Private Medical, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness, and the Ascential Shares Scheme – opt in
- Employee assistance programme, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering opportunities and charitable giving options
- Great learning and development opportunities.
More about WGSN
WGSN is the global authority on consumer trend forecasting.
We help brands around the world create the right products at the right time for tomorrow’s consumer.
An inclusive culture is one of our key priorities. We want our people to truly be themselves and thrive. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas, different strengths and perspectives & reflect the global audience we work with.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We’re a company built around our people - and we’re committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. In addition, our Early Talent programmes help grow and foster diverse new talent for our sectors.
We are committed to supporting the environment and sustainability, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options and striving to be net zero by 2030.
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say