Our registrar is Equiniti.

Ascential plc is quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Its share price can be found here or at www.londonstockexchange.com

You may at some point wish to transfer some or all of your shares to someone else (for example, your partner or other member of your family). To do this, you'll need to complete a share transfer form, which is available from Equiniti.

This is dependent on the nature of the share transfer. Guidelines about stamp duty are set out on the reverse of the share transfer form. If you require any further assistance, please contact Equiniti. A declaration concerning the application of stamp duty on the share transfer is set out on the reverse of the share transfer form and should be completed and signed by you before you return the form to Equiniti.

You can buy shares in your children's names, but there may be legal complications when you come to sell the shares. Equiniti can give you more information.

If you lose your share certificate, or it has been stolen, you should inform Equiniti immediately. You can do this by calling the Ascential shareholder helpline on 037 1384 2848. A record of the lost share certificate will be made to prevent it being used and a letter of indemnity will be sent to you to sign. This is to protect Ascential from the possible misuse of your certificate while it is not in your possession. A replacement share certificate will then be sent to you. There is a charge for this service, so we advise you to keep your share certificate in a safe and secure place.

Please contact Equiniti at the earliest opportunity and they will assist you with the documentation required. This may involve the small estates procedure or require a Grant of Probate and they will be able to make the process as straightforward as possible for you.

Yes, if you would prefer to receive shareholder communications via email, then you can register online at www.shareview.co.uk. You will need your Shareholder Reference Number as quoted on your share certificate.

This may mean that you have shares registered in two accounts with slightly different details. Sometimes, if shares are purchased at different times, the registration details given to Equiniti might differ slightly on each occasion (e.g. Mr Paul A Smith or Mr Paul Smith). This can result in our registrar opening two shareholder accounts. This in turn leads to a dividend cheque being issued in respect of each of the accounts each time a dividend is paid and in the duplication of other shareholder communications. If your shareholding is duplicated in this way, please contact Equiniti.

If you would like to receive shareholder communications in alternative formats (large print, braille or audio tape), please register your name and address, shareholder account number and preferred format with Equiniti.

Some high street banks provide facilities for buying and selling shares or you can contact a stockbroker. Equiniti have an online facility enabling Shareholders to buy and sell shares. Register at www.shareview.co.uk. Alternatively, there are online brokers who you could register with.

Please contact Equiniti for further assistance.

You should notify Equiniti in writing of changes, which you can do by completing a change of address form. If you hold shares in joint names, the request to change the address must be signed by the first-named shareholder. You can determine this from your share certificate or tax voucher or by looking up your shareholding on the 'Shareview' service.

To ensure the details of your shareholding are correct on the register, you should notify Equiniti in writing of any change to your name. You should also include a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name deed as evidence of your name change. If you need uncashed dividend cheques to be reissued in your new name, please also include them in your envelope.

By signing up to our email alert service.

We are legally obliged to make our share register public. Consequently, some Shareholders may receive unsolicited mail and/or calls.

If you receive any unsolicited investment advice:

The Financial Services Authority also maintains a list of unauthorised firms who are targeting, or have targeted, UK investors. This list can be found on the Financial Services Authority’s website. The Financial Services Authority can also be contacted by calling their Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.